Government officials may get to claim LTC for domestic helicopter flights: Economic Times Report
NEW DELHI: The government is discussing a proposal to allow its employees to claim leave travel concession for domestic helicopter flights, a move seen boosting the helicopter-ferrying business.
At present, central government employees can claim leave travel concession (LTC) only for using scheduled commercial airline flights, preferably Air India. According to a civil aviation ministry official, the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) had sought a cost analysis of helicopter rides in the country.
“We have sent our analysis to the DoPT on the cost of flying in a helicopter. They had asked for it since they plan to bring helicopter rides under the LTC scheme,” the official, who did not wish to be named, told ET. The helicopter industry has welcomed the proposal, which aims to extend the travel concession to some 3 million central government workers.
“It creates business for helicopter operators in the country. Currently, helicopter operations are available in areas that have difficult terrain and no other means of connectivity, as helicopter rides are expensive,” said Harsh Vardhan Sharma, treasurer at Business Aircraft Operators’ Association and owner of Himalayan Heli Services Ltd, a helicopter operator.
Read more at : Economic Times
Related to Your Search:
- Tamilnadu Government Employees : Travel by Air on Leave Travel Concession
- Leave Travel Concession (LTC) in Flights Under Udaan Scheme for Central Government officials
- Fraudulent claim of Leave Travel concession – Disciplinary proceedings are initiated against the Government servant as per existing rules…
- Will Air Travel Concession for Central Government Employees be Extended?
- Special cash package equivalent in lieu of LTC fare for central government employees during the Block 2018-2021
- No proposal to allow to travel on low fare private airlines while availing LTC
- Armed Forces Personnel Special cash package equivalent in lieu of Leave Travel Concession Fare for Covid-19
- Leave Travelling Concession (LTC) and Travelling Settlement
- No LTC for Tamil Nadu Government Employees and Teachers