Government Jobs: Details of vacancy position in Government Departments.
As per available information, the details of number of sanctioned posts, number in position and vacancies in Central Government posts as on 1st March, 2011 was as under:
|Number of Sanctioned Posts||Number in Position||Number of Vacant Posts|
Details of vacancy position in respect of reserved posts and details of backlog vacancies in Central Government Departments is not centrally maintained.
A Special Recruitment Drive was launched in 2008 to fill up the backlog reserved vacancies of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC), which continued till 31.03.2012. The details of recruitment/ appointments made during the drive were as under:
|Backlog||Filled up||Backlog||Filled up||Backlog||Filled up|
|OBC||22072||13740||Not applicable||Not applicable||22072||13740|
The vacancies are filled as per the provisions of the Recruitment Rules and if Recruitment Rules permit lateral entry, the backlog vacancies may also be filled through the lateral entry route.
This was stated by Shri V. Narayanasamy, Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office in written reply to a question by Shri Ashok Kumar today.
Related to Your Search:
- To fill up the backlog reserved vacancies of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and OBCs: Review of the Special Recruitment Drive launched
- Central Government Special Recruitment Drive for SCs/STs
- Group wise representation of Other Backward Classes (OBC) in Central Government Services as on 1.1.2011
- Government Sets up a Committee to Find Out the Reasons For Backlog in Filling up of Reserved Vacancies
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- Backlog Vacancies – 19,676 backlog reserved vacancies of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes
- Vacancies in OBC category
- Massive recruitment drive launched to fill more than 76,500 vacancies in CAPFs
- Vacancies in Central Government