Government Hikes GPF Interest Rate To 8% For October-December quarter.
The government has increased the rate of interest for General Provident Fund (GPF) and other related schemes by 0.4 percentage points to 8 per cent for the October-December quarter.
The rate is in line with that for Public Provident Fund.
The interest rate on GPF was 7.6 per cent for the July-September quarter of 2018-19.
“… during the year 2018-2019, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 8 per cent with effect from October 1, 2018, to December 31, 2018,” a Department of Economic Affairs’ notification said.
The interest rate would apply on Provident Funds of central government employees, railways and defence forces.
Last month, the government announced that the interest on small savings, including NSC and PPF, will be hiked by up to 0.4 percentage point for the October-December quarter, to align it with rising deposit rates in the banks.
Related to Your Search:
- Government reduces interest rate on GPF to 8 percent
- State Railway Provident Fund: Rate of interest 2016-17
- General Provident Fund (GPF) and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.8% w.e.f. 1st October, 2017 to 31st December, 2017
- General Provident Fund Interest Rate 8.7% for 2015-16
- Interest Rate @ 8.7% during the year 2014-15 for GPF and similar funds: FInmin Resolution
- Resolution – accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the GPF and other similar funds – 2013-2014
- GPF Interest rate from 1st April 2018 (7.6%)
- General Provident Fund Interest Rate for 1st April to 30th June 2017 – Finmin Orders
- General Provident Fund (GPF) Interest Rate from January 2018 to March 2018