Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
Government approves ex-gratia compensation for more than one lakh FCI employees in case of death due to COVID-19
10 APR 2020
The Government has approved the proposal for grant of ex-gratia monetary compensation to 1,08,714 workers and officers of the Food Corporation of India (FCI) including 80,000 labour who are working 24×7 to supply food grains across the country amidst the outbreak of Coronavirus pandemic.
Presently, families of FCI employees are entitled to compensation in the event of death due to terrorist attack, bomb blast, mob attack or natural disaster, but the Regular and Contractual Labour of FCI are not covered under its provisions. Keeping this in view, the Government has decided to provide ex-gratia monetary compensation to all employees and labour of FCI who are working tirelessly despite the threat of infection due to Coronavirus COVID-19.
Under its provisions, during the six month period from March 24, 2020 to 23 September, 2020 if anybody dies due to COVID-19 infection while on duty with FCI, the Regular FCI Labour will get an ex-gratia of Rupees 15 lakh, Contractual Labour will be entitled to Rs.10 lakh, Category 1 Officers Rs.35 lakh, Category 2 – Rs.30 lakh and Category 3 & 4 workers Rs.25 lakh.
Announcing this, the Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Shri Ram Vilas Paswan said the Government is committed to provide all possible security to our Corona-warriors engaged in providing essentials and services to the common man during these times of crisis.
Related to Your Search:
- Rs.50 lakh compensation announced in cases of loss of life from COVID-19 to Port staff / workers
- Ex-gratia compensation to the families of Central Government employees who died due to Covid-19 infection in performance of their duties
- Monetary Compensation to Martyred Army Soldiers’ Families
- EPFO increases the ex-gratia Death Relief Fund for normal deaths to Rs. 8 lakhs
- COVID-19 Death Relief Fund on the basis of eligible beneficiaries undertakings – EPFO
- Compensation to Security Personnel of Central Armed Police Forces
- 43% Posts Vacant in Food Corporation of India (FCI): Food Minister
- Railways Act: Railways hikes relief from Rs 4 lakh to Rs 8 lakh in case of death
- Ex-gratia amount for CAPF personnel