Goa to implement 7th Pay Commission recommendations from Nov 1
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar has said the 7th Pay Commission recommendations would be implemented in the state from November 1.
“We have decided to implement the recommendations of Seventh Pay Commission from November 1 onwards. The pending arrears from January to October 2016 would be deposited in the employee provident fund (PF) and National Pension System (NPS),” Parsekar told the state Assembly yesterday while talking on the demand for grants.
He also said the order on implementation of the seventh pay commission would be issued around Ganesh Chaturthi, scheduled on September 5.
“The Ganesh Chaturthi will come with good news to the government employees. We will issue the order during that time. The implementation would be from November 1,” he said.
The chief minister said the government will have to spend an additional Rs 72 crore monthly towards salaries and pensions of government employees for implementation of recommendations of the new commission.
A provision of Rs 2,553 crore has been made towards seventh pay commission implementation in the state budget, Parsekar said.
The Chief Minister had a few days back informed the House that as per the revised pay scale, the state government will have to pay Rs 272 crore per month as against Rs 213 crore per month as per the existing scale, which will be an additional burden of Rs 59 crore.
During 2015-16, Rs 1,946 crore were earmarked for the salaries and pensions, which has now been hiked to Rs 2,553 crore to make up for the liability created by seventh pay.
Related to Your Search:
- Jammu and Kashmir government employees demand implementation of 7th Pay Commision
- Government provides fund for pay commission implementation in Budget
- Implications of implementation of 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission award to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh crore in FY 16-17
- 7th Pay Commission News latest: Over 8.77 lakh Gujarat Government Employees and Pensioners to get arrears from March and Odisha govt too.
- Delay salary hikes, five states tell Centre: 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Minister’s reply on financial outgo and implementation Date
- Mizoram panel to study 7th Pay Commission recommendations
- 7CPC: Seventh Pay Commission for central government employees announced