General Election Paid Holiday
F. No. 12/1/2022-JCA
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Establishment UCA-2) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 17th February, 2022
Subject: (i) Revision in the date of poll for General Election to the Legislative Assembly of State of Manipur. 2022
(ii) Bye Election in 99 – Majuli (ST) AC of Assam Legislative Assembly
Grant of paid holiday to employees on the day of poll – regarding
The undersigned is directed to state that the Secretary, Election Commission of India, vide letter No. 78/EPS/2022, dated 15.02.2022, has informed that the date of poll of General Election to Legislative Assembly of Manipur has since been revised, as per details given below:
Re-Scheduled date of poll for General Election to the Legislative Assembly of Manipur
|S. No.||Name of State||Phase||Notified Dates of Poll||Revised Dates of Poll||Day|
|Phase – 2||03.03.2022|
2. Secretary, Election Commission of India has also informed, vide letter No. 78/EPS/2022, dated 15.2.2022, that it has been decided to hold bye election to fill vacancy in the following Assembly Constituency of Assam:
Bye -Election in 99-Majuli (ST) AC of Assam Legislative Assembly
|S.No.||Name of State||Number & Nam of Assembly Constituency||Date of Poll||Day|
2. In this regard, it is stated that the guidelines have been issued by this Department, vide OM No. 12/14/99-JCA, dated 10.10.2001, regarding closure of Central Government Offices and grant of paid holiday to all concerned, including the daily wage/casual workers, on the date of election.
It is reiterated that all the Central Government Offices and the Central Industrial Establishments, shall remain closed on the date of poll in the notified areas, where general election and bye election to the State Legislative Assemblies are scheduled to be conducted. The employees concern shall be granted paid holiday on the date of Poll to enable them to exercise their right to vote.
3. The above instructions may please be brought to the notice of all concerned.
4. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT: Bye-Election to the State Legislative Assembly of Haryana (36 Jind) – Grant of Paid Holiday on the day of poll
- Grant of paid holiday to the employees on the day of poll – General Election to the Legislative Assemblies of states of Goa, Punjab, Manipur, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh 2022
- Grant of Paid Holiday to employees on the day of poll – Assemblies of Assam, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Puducherry 2021 – Election Holiday 2021
- Jharkhand Election 2019 – Grant of Paid holiday to employees on the day of poll
- DoPT Order: Grant of Paid Holiday on Election Date
- Grant of paid holiday to the Central government employees on the day of poll – Bye Elections on 31 May 2022
- Grant of Paid Holiday – General Election to the Legislative Assembly of Tripura-2018
- Paid holiday to West Bengal Govt Employees on the day of poll 30.09.2021
- DoPT: Grant of Paid holiday on the day of poll – General Election to the Legislative Assembly of Rajasthan, 2018