Gratuity Amount to GDS
Department of Posts
Ministry of Communications
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi -110001
All Chief Postmasters General,
All Director Accounts (Postal/General Manager (Finance)
Subject: Grant of GDS Gratuity/Severance Amount to such GDS who did not opt for SDBS Scheme and were appointed to Departmental posts – reg.
I am directed to inform that it has came to notice that GDS who did not opt for the SDBS Scheme and were absorbed against Departmental Posts after 01.04.2011 are being denied GDS Gratuity and Severance Amount for the period they served as GDS.
2 In this context, kindly refer to the instructions issued vide Directorate letters No. 6-31/2010-PE II dated 06.06.2011 and No 17-31/2016-GDS dated 02.07.2019. Severance Amount is applicable not only on retirement/death but also on absorption against Departmental posts. The GDS who did not opt for the SDBS scheme and were absorbed against Departmental Posts are eligible, subject to fulfillment of eligibility conditions, for GDB Gratuity/Severance Amount on the date of their appointment to regular departmental posts as per the guidelines referred above.
3 Therefore, you are requested to issue necessary instructions to all Divisional Heads accordingly to dispose each cases immediately. These instructions may be given adequate publicity among the staff so that aggrieved ones could approach the concerned Division head for remedial action.
- Total number of such cases where ouch claims now paid may be intimated.
ADG (SCT & PE-I) L/o
Related to Your Search:
- New Service discharge benefit scheme for the Gramin Dak Sevaks GDS Employees in the Department of Posts
- Department of Posts: Implementing the recommendations of Social Security Benefits for Gramin Dak Sevas
- Service Discharge Benefit Scheme for Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Gramin Dak Sevaks are not regular Govt. Employees not eligible for PF, Pension Gratuity
- Department of Posts: Regarding premature closure of RD/TD/MIS accounts
- DoP – New Promotional and Incentive Structure of PLI / RPLI
- Implementation of recommendations of One-Man Committee on issue of Identity cards to the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
- BSNL – Instructions regarding timely release / payment of Gratuity (DCRG) for avoiding payment of interest on delayed payment of Gratuity
- FNPO – Charter of Demands – GDS employees granted of 2 annual additional increments on completion of 12, 24,36 years of service