Gazette Notification regarding minimum pension of Rs.1000/- pm under EPS,1995
REGD. NO. D. L.-33004/99
The Gazette of India
PART II—Section 3—Sub-section (i)
PUBLISHED BY AUTHORITY
No. 429] NEW DELHI, TUESDAY AUGUST 19, 2014/SRAVANA 28, 1936
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
New Delhi, the 19th August, 2014.
G.S.R. 593 (E).—In exercise of powers conferred by section 6A, read with Sub-section(1) of Section7 of the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (19 of 1952), the Central Government hereby makes the following Scheme, further to amend the Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1995, namely:-
(1) This Scheme may be called the Employees’ Pension (Second Amendment) Scheme, 2014.
(2) It shall come into force on and from the 1st day of September, 2014.
2. In the Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995(hereinafter referred to as the principal Scheme), in paragraph 12, after sub-paragraph (7), the following sub-paragraph shall be inserted, namely:-
“(7A) The monthly member’s pension including any relief payable to any existing or future member under this paragraph shall not be less than one thousand rupees for the financial year 2014-15.”.
3. In the principal Scheme in paragraph 15, for the words, brackets and figures “sub-paragraphs (2) to (5) of paragraph 12, as the case may be,”, the word and figures “paragraph 12” shall be substituted.
4. In the principal Scheme, in paragraph 16,-
(a) in sub-paragraph (2), in clause (a), after sub-clause (iv), the following sub-clause shall be inserted, namely:-
“(v) in all the cases, where the monthly widow pension including relief, if any, is less than one thousand rupees per month, the amount of monthly widow pension in such cases shall be enhanced to one thousand rupees per month for the financial year 2014-2015.”;
(b) in sub-paragraph (3), for clause (b), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:-
“(b) Monthly children pension for each child shall be equal to 25 per cent of the amount admissible to the widow of the deceased member as monthly widow pension payable under clause (a) of sub-paragraph (2):
Provided that the minimum monthly children pension including relief, if any, for each child of the deceased member shall not be less than two hundred and fifty rupees per month for the financial year 2014-2015.”;
(c) in sub-paragraph (4), for clause (a), the following clause shall be substituted, namely:-
“(a) if the deceased member is not survived by any widow, but is survived by children falling within the definition of family or if the widow pension is not payable, the children shall be entitled to a monthly orphan pension equal to 75 per cent of the amount of the monthly widow pension as payable under clause (a) of sub-paragraph (2):
Provided that the minimum monthly orphan pension including relief, if any, for each orphan shall not be less than seven hundred and fifty rupees per month for the financial year 2014-15.”.
[F. No. R-15025/3/2007.SS-II/Pt.II]
ARUN KUMAR SINHA,Addl. Secy.
Foot Note.- The Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995 was published in the Gazette of India vide notification number G.S.R. 748(E), dated the 16th November, 1995 and was lastly amended vide notification number G.S.R. 80(E), dated the 14th February, 2013.
Related to Your Search:
- Deposit Linked Insurance (Amendment) Scheme,2018
- Amendment in the scheme of EPF for International Workers
- Employees Pension Amendment Scheme, 2020 – Gazette notification
- Tax Return Preparer (Amendment) Scheme, 2018
- Inoperative EPF Accounts
- Rates for deduction of income-tax at source from “Salaries”, computation of “advance tax” and charging of income-tax in special cases during the financial year 2015-2016.
- Income Tax Rates AY 2019-2020 – Income Tax Circular 2019
- Public Provident Fund (Amendment) Scheme, 2014
- Rates of Income-Tax for the financial year 2017-18