Furnishing of Aadhaar mandatory for final settlement of Pension claims
Ministry of Labour & Employment
Press Information Bureau,
Government of India
The EPFO has clarified that obtaining of Aadhaar should be mandatory for the time being only for final settlement of Pension and not in withdrawl cases. The EPFO had extended the date of submission of Aadhaar Number authentication by the members of Employees’Pension Scheme 1995 upto 31st March 2017.
However, news item appearing in few dailies suggested that Aadhaar is not required in settlement of pension claims. Accordingly, the EPFO reiterated that the requirement of submitting Aadhaar is not insisted for the time being only in withdrawal benefit cases under Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995. Furnishing of Aadhaar is still mandatory for final settlement of pension and scheme certificate cases.
Related to Your Search:
- Online Facility for Settlement of Claims in EPFO
- EPFO must give Priority to timely Settlement of Claims for Provident Fund
- EPFO takes various steps for speedy settlement of claims
- Mandatory Aadhaar linking: SC reserves order
- EPFO: Here are 4 points govt is working on the retirement scheme to make it more subscriber friendly
- Clarification on the complete and final settlement of LTC Special Cash Package Scheme bills and claims
- EPFO settles 104.38 lakh claims in the current fiscal CBT, EPF recommended 8.8% rate of interest for the year 2015-16
- EPFO introduces a new facility for its members to link their respective UAN with Aadhaar online
- PF withdrawal: EPFO members can now apply for a second COVID-19 non-refundable advance