Ministry of Railways
Fund Allocation for Railway Staff Quarters Enhanced by 50 %
The Minister of Railways Shri Pawan Kumar Bansal has announced enhancement of the fund allocation under Railways staff quarters by 50% over the previous year to provide Rs 300 crore. While presenting the Railways Budget for 2013-14 in Parliament today he said that construction of staff quarters has been hampered by funding constraints. Encouraged by the success of Ministry of Urban Development in constructing staff quarters through PPP mode, his Ministry proposes to adopt the same in the Railways.
He announced the provision of hostel facilities for single women railway employees at all Divisional headquarters.
He further announced that condition of barracks would be improved to provide better living condition to the RPF personnel.
Related to Your Search:
- Railway Board Orders – Hostel facilities for single women Railway employees at all Divisional headquarters
- NFIRs Proposals: Rail Budget 2016-17
- Deplorable condition of Railway Quarters on Indian Railways etc
- Railway Staff Quarters : Entitlement of various types of Quarters
- Allotment of Type-II quarters to Railway employees in grade pay 1800
- Provision of cooking facilities for employees sent on duty at outstation
- Pre-Rail Budget Meeting of the Railway Federations with Hon’ble MoSR
- House allocation to railway staff to improve accessibility and simplify the process
- Admissibility of House Rent Allowance in the event of non-acceptance or surrender of railway residential accommodation