Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Extra-Ordinary Pension by Pensioner Portal
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
(Central Civil Pensioners)
Last updated/Reviewed: 04.11.2013
F.1 How the percentage of disability computed? To whom it is applicable?
The computing of percentage of disability is applicable only for the Government servants retiring under CCS (EOP) Rules. The extent of disability or functional incapacity is determined in the following manner for purposes of computing the disability element forming part of benefits:-
|Percentage of disability assessed by Medical Board.||Percentage to be reckoned for computation of disability pension|
|More than 50 and upto 75%||75%|
|More than 75 and upto 100%||100%|
Provided that the above broad banding shall not be applicable to Government servants who are retained in service.
F.2 Whether the element of disability pension and invalid pension will be combined or treated as separate identity?
The invalid pension is granted under Rule 38 of CCS(Pension) Rules, whereas disability pension is granted under CCS(EOP) Rules. The CCS (COP) Rules provides that if a Government servant is boarded out of service on account of injury attributable to Government service he shall be granted disability pension which includes service element as well as disability element. Invalid pension and disability pension cannot be combined.
F.3 What is the revised quantum of ex-gratia lumpsum compensation to Civilian employees who die in performance of their bonafide official duties?
In modification of Deptt. Of Pension & PW’s OM No.45/55/97-P&PW(C) dated 11.9.1998 the ex-gratia lumpsum compensation to Civilian employees who die in performance of their bonafide official duties has been revised as under :
|(a)||Death occurring due to accidents in course of Performance of duties||Rs.10.00 lakhs|
|(b)||Death occurring due to accidents in course of Performance of duties attributable to acts of violence by terrorists, anti-social elements, etc||Rs.10.00 lakhs|
(a) enemy action in international war or border skirmishes and
(b) action against militants, terrorists, extremists etc.
|(d)||Death occurring while on duty in specified high altitude, inaccessible border posts, etc. on account of natural disasters, extreme weather conditions.||Rs.15.00 lakhs|
F.4 From which date the Constant Attendant Allowance is payable ?
Constant Attendant Allowance is payable from 1.1.2006 and applicable oly for officials retiring under EOP(Rules)
F.5 Whether the pensioners who retired on disability pension before 1.1.2006 would also be entitled to Constant Attendant Allowance ?
Yes, the pensioners who retired on disability pension before 1.1.2006 and fulfilling the conditions mentioned in para 10.1 of O.M. No. 38/37/08- P&PW(A) dated 2.9.2008 would also be entitled to Constant Attendant Allowance.
F.6 Whether Dearness Relief will be admissible on Constant Attendant Allowance?
Related to Your Search:
- Ex-gratia amount for CAPF personnel
- Disability pension and compensation to ex servicemen and cadets
- 7th CPC Constant Attendant Allowance under CCS
- 7th CPC : Constant Attendant Allowance
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendation of the 7th Pay Commission on CCS (Extraordinary Pension) Rules, 1939 – Constant Attendant Allowance
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) – Revision of pension of pro-1.1.2016 Defence Forces pensioners/ family pensioners etc
- Special benefits in cases of death & disability in service : Revision of Disability Pension / Family Pension of Pre-2006 disability Pensioners/ Family Pensioners
- Don’t lay off or demote employees for disability: Centre
- Centre Enhances disability Pension to those who Retired before 2006