Fraudulent claim of Leave Travel concession – Disciplinary proceedings are initiated against the Government servant as per existing rules…
While answering to a question in Lok Sabha on 16th July 2014 about misuse in availing Leave Travel Concession by the Central Government employees, Dopt Minister said that the “Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) had received a letter from Central Vigilance Commissioner addressed to Cabinet Secretary regarding irregularities and misuse in availing Leave Travel Concession (LTC) by the public servants in the Central Government, its Public Enterprises (PSEs) and Public Sector Banks, in violation of the guidelines.
The matter is being investigated by CBI.
Government of India formulates the policies and schemes keeping in mind the various service requirements of the employees and their welfare. Various Ministries/Departments & other agencies of the Government of India are responsible for the proper implementation of these policies. These policies are reviewed from time to time and also amended when situation demands.
In case of Leave Travel concession if any fraudulent claim is made, the irregularities are looked into in terms of Rule 16 of the CCS(LTC) Rules, 1988 and disciplinary proceedings are initiated against the Government servant on the charge of preferring a fraudulent claim which may result in imposition of the any of the penalties specified in Rule 11 of CCS (Classification, Control and Appeal Rules), 1965. If found guilty, the Government servant shall not be allowed the next two or more sets of LTC in addition to the sets already withheld during the pendency of the disciplinary proceedings”.
Related to Your Search:
- Government to take disciplinary action and cancel future LTC benifits for fake LTC claims
- LTC – Government plans to review the Leave Travel Concession
- Whether leave encashment can be sanctioned to a Govt servant on his superannuation while under suspension
- Leave Encashment on Suspension/Dismissal/Removal – Dopt Clarification Orders
- Tamilnadu Government Employees : Travel by Air on Leave Travel Concession
- Irregularities and misuse in availing Leave Travel Concession Guidelines to be followed
- High Court asks Centre to file its LTC policy
- Will Air Travel Concession for Central Government Employees be Extended?
- Irregularities and misuse in availing Leave Travel Concession – Guidelines to be followed