Framing of Rules for Unit Run Canteens (URCs) employees
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
The Unit Run Canteen employees are getting paid as per the rules regulating the terms and conditions of the services of the civilian employees of the URCs, issued by Army Headquarters in April 2003. These rules were made as per the directions of Hon’ble Supreme Court.
It has been held by the Hon’ble Supreme Court in its order dated 28-4-2009, in the case of R.R. Pillai Vs the commanding officer HQ SAC(U), that employees of the URC are not government servant.
Unit Run Canteens (URCs) employees are not Government employees, hence recommendations of Sixth Central Pay Commission are not applicable to them.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri Shadi Lal Batra in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :97824)
Related to Your Search:
- CSD Unit Run Canteens : Framing of Rules for URC Employees
- Employees of Unit Run Canteens under CSD are not Government employees
- Joint Committee for resolving pay and allowances of URCs employees
- PAY SCALE OF URC EMPLOYEES AT PAR WITH EMPLOYEES OF CSDs
- List of Unit Run Canteens under CSD
- State wise report of Unit Run Canteens under CSD
- Strike by Employees of Defence Canteens (Rupees in Crore)
- Pay Revision of URCs Employees
- CSD: Unit Run Canteen’s employees are not government employees