Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to Pensioners enhanced from Rs.300 to Rs.500: Pensioners Portal Order
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare)
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market,
New Delhi-110 003, Dated the 19th November, 2014.
Subject: Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Central Government Pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS.
The undersigned is directed to say that at present Fixed Medical Allowance is granted to the Central Government pensioners/family pensioners residing in areas not covered under Central Government Health Scheme administered by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and corresponding health schemes administered by other Ministries/Departments for their retired employees for meeting expenditure on their day-to-day medical expenses that do not require hospitalization. Orders were issued vide this Department’s O.M. of even no. dated 26.05.2010 for enhancement of the amount of Fixed Medical Allowance from Rs. 100/- to Rs. 300/-p.m. w.e.f. 1.092008.
2. The demand for further enhancement of FMA has been under consideration of the Government for some time past. Sanction of the President is hereby conveyed for enhancement of the amount of Fixed Medical Allowance from Rs.300/- to Rs.500/- per month. The other conditions for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance shall continue to be as contained in this Departments’ OMs No.45/57/97-P&PW(C) dated 19.12.97, 24.8.98, 30.12.98 and 18.8.99.
3. These orders will take effect from date of issue of this OM.
4. These orders are issued with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance (Deptt. of Expenditure) vide their ID. Note No 588l/E.V/2014 dated 22.10.2014 and in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India vide their UO No. 174 Staff(Rules)/02-2011 dated 12.11.2014.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA)to the Central Government Pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS
- Fixed Medical Allowance to Railway Pensioners and Family Pensioners
- Enhancement in the rate of used Medical Allowance from Rs. 1200/- to Rs. 2000/- p.m. w.e.f 01.03.2013, payable to the serving as well as retired employees of the EPFO for outdoor medical treatment – regarding.
- Appeal for revision of fixed medical allowance for the Central Govt. Pensioners
- Stoppage of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) being paid to the Central Government employees
- Fixed Medical Allowance – MoD Orders
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Armed Forces Pensioner/Family Pensions – Order 29.08.2017
- CGHS medical facilities reimbursement to Central Government pensioners
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Railway Pensioners – Railway Board Orders