Restoration of pay fixation benefit of 3% on promotion from the post of SO(A) to AAO during the period 01.01.2006 to 29.08.2008 in view of Hon’ble CAT, Bangalore Judgement in OA No. 489/2011: CGDA Order to implement CAT order to all similarly placed persons:-
CONTROLLER GENERAL OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt-110010
Dated 08 .07.2014
The All the PCsDA/CsDA
PC of A(Fys). (Through CGDA Mail Server)
Sub: Restoration of pay fixation benefit on promotion from the post of SO(A) to AAO during the period 01.01.2006 to 29.08.2008.
Ref: This HQrs office circular bearing No. AN/XIV/14162NI CPC/Circular/Vol-IV, dated 04.09.2009.
Reference is invited to contents of circular cited under reference, wherein instruction was issued to discontinue the practice of allowing the benefits of pay fixation/allowances under RPR 2008 at the time of promotion from SO(A) to AAO in anticipation of clarification to be issued by Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure).
2. An OA No. 489/2011 was filed by Sh. S. Vijaya Kumar Naidu and 12 others before the Hon’ble CAT Bangalore Bench praying for restoration of pay fixation benefit of 3% allowed to the applicants on their promotion grade after 01.01.2006 and consequential benefits upon restoration of pay fixation benefit. The OA was allowed by the Hon’ble CAT and the order implemented by the Competent Authority in respect of the applicants only.
3. The issue was referred to DoP&T, Ministry of Law & Justice and Ministry of Finance for general implementation to all similarly placed persons. Having been approved by Ministries/DoP&T, the competent authority has decided to extend the benefit of Hon’ble CAT Bangalore Bench order dated 10.10.2012 in OA No. 489/2011 to all similarly placed persons, who were promoted to the post of Assistant Accounts Officer during the period from 01.01.2006 to 29.08.2008.
4. Hence, it is requested to restore the pay fixation benefit of 3% granted at the time of promotion to AAO grade from SO(A), which was withdrawn earlier. Necessary fixation may be carried out with all consequential benefits.
Action taken in this regard may be intimated to HQrs office.
Related to Your Search:
- Fixation of pay in the revised pay structure in the case of the persons promoted as SO(A) and AAO during the period from 1.1.2006 to 29.8.2008 – CGDA Letter to PC of Accounts (Fys)
- Clarification regarding pay fixation under 7th CPC for the post of Trainee appointed on compassionate grounds
- BOMBAY High Court Judgment dated 15-10-2018 on MACPs
- Fixation of pay on promotion to a post carrying the same Grade pay – Confederation letter to Finmin
- Fixation of pay of the employees who got promoted to the post of higher Pay level after being granted the benefit of pay fixation on grant of financial upgradation under MACPS
- Fixation of pay on re-employment of ex-servicemen by Hon’ble CAT Bangalore Bench Judgment
- Grant of benefit of pay fixation at time of promotion to Postmaster Grade I
- Fixation of pay on promotion : Finmin issued clarification on Fixation of pay on promotion carrying the same grade pay
- Latest DOPT orders on pay fixation on promotion grant of NFSG in respect of officials who are granted the benefit under MACP Scheme