Fixation of pay of an employee appointed on or after 01.01.2006 in the Grade of 4280 (PR) – J&K
GOVERNMENT OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR
Civil Secretariat, Srinagar/Jammu
O.M. No. A/35 (09)-560
Dated: 16 -08-2018
Subject:- Fixation of pay in respect of employees appointed on or after 01.01.2006 in the Grade of 4280 (PR).
Doubts have been expressed by various quarters regarding fixation of pay of an employee appointed to the post carrying Grade Pay of 4210,4220,4240,4260 and 4280 in PB-3- 9300-34800 (PR), on or after 01.01.2006 in terms of SRO 266 of 2009 dated 31.08.2009 read with SRO 42 of 2011.
The issue has been examined in the Finance Department and it has been observed that consequent to notification of Jammu & Kashmir Civil Services (Revised) Pay Rules, 2009 vide SRO 93 of 2009 dated 15.04.2009, the pre-revised pay scales of 5000-8000, 5150-8300, 55009000,5600-9100, 5700-10100 and 6500-10500 were clubbed into single PB-2 – 9300-34800 (PR) with common Grade Pay of 4200. This created practical impediments in making appointments to various posts under these pre-revised pay scales/ Grade Pays, particularly in making promotions both functional or in-situ from one Grade Pay to another within the scales so clubbed. The promotion within these scales would mean nothing except change of designation.
In order to overcome the bottlenecks coming in the way of making appointments or promotions in these pre-revised scales, Grade Pays of 4210,4220,4240,4260 and 4280 were introduced to pave way for promotion from one post to another scale.
Accordingly, it is clarified that the newly incorporated Grade Pays viz 4210,4220,4240,4260 and 4280 under SRO 42 of 2011 are applicable to all employees in the revised pay structure, but as far as the applicability of ready reckoner attached to said SRO is concerned, same is relevant for pay revision of employees who have been appointed before 01.01.2006, and were holding these posts on 01.01.2006 to arrive at their revised pay on 01.01.2006 in the revised pay structure in accordance with Rule 7 of J&K Civil Services (Revised) Pay Rules, 2009.
It is also clarified that SRO 42 of 2011 is not an amendment to Rule (8) of Jammu & Kashmir Civil Services (Revised) Pay Rules, 2009, prescribing fixation of pay of direct entrants to Government service on or after 01.01.2006, but is an insertion/ substitution of new Grade Pays in Section-I of first schedule attached to Jammu & Kashmir Civil Services (Revised) Pay Rules, 2009 against S.Nos 11 to 16 of Pay Band-2.
(M. R. Andrabi)
Director General (Codes),
Related to Your Search:
- Fixation of pay of State Government Employees on their appointment in Central Government, subsequent to the implementation of CCS(RP) Rules, 2016
- Jammu and Kashmir (Relaxation of Upper Age Limit for Recruitment to Central Civil Services and posts) Amendment Rules, 2014.
- Jammu & Kashmir – Civil Services Regulations : Amendment
- Rajasthan Civil Services (Revised Pay) (First Amendment) Rules, 2013.
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation and Grant of Increment in revised pay structure: Finmin Clarification
- Clarification on Stagnation Increment in 7th CPC – Finmin on 7.10.2016
- Fixation of pay and grant of increment in the revised Pay structure
- Merger of the pre-revised pay scales of the promotional and the feeder posts in a common Grade fixation of pay-reg.
- Implementation of the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission – fixation of pay and payment of arrears – instructions