Finmin Orders : Fixation of salary in Public Sector Banks to re-employed ex-servicemen
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
10, PARLIAMENT STREET.,
NEW DELHI-110 001
F. No.4/1/2012-SCT (B)
Please refer to your D.O. No 12(35)1211/D(Res-I) dated 24/04/2012 regarding grievances of ex-servicemen re-employed in Public Sector Banks for fixation of their salary in banks.
2. In this connection, I would like to mention that the Department of Financial Services had circulated instructions/directions/Circulars such as of the DoP&T’s earlier OM No. 3/19/2009-Estt.Pay II dated 8.11.2010 as well as the Ministry of Defence (MOD)’S letter No.1(4)/2007/D(Pen/Policy) dated 09.02.2011 to all Public Sector Banks(PSBs)/Financial Institutions (FIs) and Insurance Companies (ICs) for compliance.
3. The Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) sought clarification from DFS on re-fixation of pay to ex-servicemen re-employed in their Public Sector Banks on or alter 01.01.2006. Based on DoP&Ts O.M. dated 8.11.2010, it was pointed by this Department vide its letter No. 4/1/2010-SCT (B) dated 23.03.2012 that Ex-servicemen re-employed in banks who retired on/or after 01.01.2006 are eligible to pay fixation in banks based on the pay drawn by them at the time of discharge from the Defence Services which would include band pay plus grade pay but it does not include MSP. As it created confusion among banks over uniform implementation of the DoP&T’s Office Memorandum dated 08.11.2010 the circulars war treated as withdrawn.
4. It has therefore been reiterated that DoP&T’s above instructions may be followed in letter and sprit.
Related to Your Search:
- Maximum age limit for recruitment of Ex-servicemen in the Public Sector Banks/Financial Institutions
- PBOR – Remove the anomaly in the fixation of pay of re employed ex-servicemen
- Pay fixation of re-employed Ex-Servicemen
- Fixation of pay of Ex-servicemen Re-employed on the Railways
- Initial pay fixation of re-employed ex-servicemen who held roles below the Commissioned Officer Level in Defence Forces, retired before reaching the age of 55 and re-employed in civilian posts in Railways etc.,
- 11th Bipartite – Next Wage Revision in Public Sector Banks
- Initial Pay Fixation of re-employed ex-servicemen who held post below Commissioned Officer rank in Defence Forces, retired before attaining the age of 55 years and have been appointed on re-employment basis in civilian posts
- Applicability of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules 2008, for persons re-employed in Railway Service after retirement from Defence Forces
- Fixation of pay of re-employed Pensioners – Treatment of Military Service Pay