Finance Minister conveys Government’s Appreciation to tax payers for their contribution towards Nation building
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
New Delhi, 19th September, 2016.
Sub: Finance Minister conveys Government’s Appreciation to tax payers for their contribution towards Nation building.
The Government acknowledges the contribution of individual tax payers in paying taxes within the prescribed time and prompt filing of Income Tax Returns. The Honourable Finance Minister, Shri Arun Jaitley today handed over certificates of appreciation issued by CBDT honoring select tax payers for such contribution. While it is widely acknowledged that the Nation meets its obligations towards spending in various social sector and welfare schemes and infrastructure development out of revenues mobilized through tax payments by millions of honest tax payers, this step marks the first effort by the Government to directly communicate to the tax payer its appreciation for that contribution.
CBDT will be sending out such certificates of appreciation to individual tax payers by e-mail in various categories on the basis of the level of taxes paid by them for the current Assessment Year 2016-17 where taxes have been paid in full and tax payers have no outstanding tax liabilities and where the return is e-filed within the prescribed due date. The tax payers may display these certificates in their homes / offices.
The categories for individual taxpayers and the number of certificates being issued in the first round are:
|1||Platinum||Tax contributed Rs. 1 Crore and above|
|2||Gold||Tax contributed Rs. 50Lakh to Rs. 1 Crore|
|3||Silver||Tax contributed Rs. 10Lakh to Rs.50 Lakh|
|4||Bronze||Tax contributed Rs. 1Lakh to Rs.10 Lakh|
The CBDT urges taxpayers to e-file their returns in time and verify their return by submitting the Electronic Verification Code online or sending their ITR-V within the 120 day period so that they can be also acknowledged for their contribution.
The Department is committed to continuous improvement of taxpayer services and seeks the cooperation of all taxpayers in contributing their fair share of taxes voluntarily.
(Meenakshi J Goswami)
Commissioner of Income Tax
(Media and Technical Policy)
Official Spokesperson, CBDT.
Source : http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/
Related to Your Search:
- CBDT issues Certificates of appreciation to nearly 3.74 lakh tax payers for their contribution towards Nation building
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) clarifies regarding issue of Prosecution Notices
- CBDT releases Direct Tax Statistics
- New form to claim tax rebate on LTA, HRA
- Extension of date for filing of Income Tax Returns for taxpayers in Kerala
- Relief for Taxpayers in the Bracket of Rs.2 Lakh to 5 Lakh Tax Credit of Rs.2000 to Every Person with Total Income upto 5 Lakh
- Extension of Due Date for filing of Income Tax Returns
- Government sets target to add one crore more Income Tax payers this year
- Union Budget 2014-15 : Income Tax exemption limit raised to Rs.2.5 lakh and also raised to Rs 1.5 lakh under Section 80C