FAQ on Dearness Relief to Central Civil Pensioners
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
(Central Civil Pensioners)
(Last updated/Reviewed: 04.11.2013)
G.17 What is the extent of neutralization of relief granted to pensioners?
100% neutralization of relief is granted to all pensioners at the same rate like serving employees.
G.18 Is the Dearness Relief payable on original basic pension or on reduced pension after commutation?
The Dearness Relief is payable on original basic pension before commutation.
G.19 Is any authorization from PAO/CPAO required for payment of dearness relief on increased rates to pensioners/family pensioners?
No. Whenever any dearness relief on pension/family pension is sanctioned by Government, an intimation to this effect is sent by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension (Deptt. of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare) to the authorised representative of each nominated Public Sector Bank. Each Central Pension Processing Centre will be responsible for ensuring that instructions of the Government have been carried out by the paying branches and payment of additional relief at the revised rates to the pensioners has been commenced by them without any undue delay.
G.20 Are the employed family pensioners and the re-employed pensioners entitled to Dearness Relief (DR) on their family pension/pension ?
Yes, w.e.f. 18/07/97 onwards subject to conditions contained in DoP&W O.M. No. 45/73/97-P&PW(G) dated 2nd July,1999.
Related to Your Search:
- DoPPW has issued orders for increasing the Dearness Relief to pensioners
- Revised rates of Dearness Relief to Haryana Government pensioners and family pensioners w.e.f. 1st July 2021 PDF
- Payment of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief to the State Government employees/ pensioners/family pensioners
- Sanction of 6% dearness Relief on the pension of the pensioners of the state of Madhya pradesh.
- Sanction of 7% dearness relief on the Pension of the Pensioner of the State of Madhya Pradesh.(w.e.f. 01-01-2014)
- CPAO – DR Order to Central Government pensioners, family pensioners from the existing rate of 17% to 28% of the basic pension
- Dearness Allowance: Directorate of Pension: Government of Tamil Nadu
- Dearness Relief from July, 2014 for Pensioners of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- Who are not Applicable to Dearness Relief on the pension – CPAO