Government of India/Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
The following FAQs supplement the FAQs in respect of Estt.(Allowances) Section already placed in public domain vide F. No.21011/08/2013-Estt.(AL)Establishment Allowances Section Children Education Allowance Scheme (CEA)
“Examination fee” has been included as part of reimbursable items as indicated in para 1(e) of O.M. dated 2nd September, 2008, subject to the fulfillment of other existing conditions vide) OM No.12011/01/2012-Estt.(AL) dated 31-07-2013. The said orders do not have a retrospective effect.
No. As it is reimbursement for the whole year, original receipts for the fee paid for the 3rd / 4th quarter has to be submitted to ensure that the child has not dropped out of the school in the mid-session. O.M. No.12011/01/2013-Estt. Allowances dated 23.04.2013 refers.
Yes. In terms of O.M. No.12011/01/2013-Estt.(Allowances) dated 23.04.2013, the claimant Government servant is required to furnish an undertaking that reimbursement of CEA has not been claimed in respect of the child by the spouse of the claimant.
Related to Your Search:
- Children Education Allowance – Frequently asked questions (13.05.2014)
- Reimbursement of children education allowance clarification-original receipts must submit for 3rd/4th quarter
- Children Education Allowance Scheme (CEA) Latest FAQ
- Dopt Clarification Orders on Children Education Allowance as FAQ
- Opening of reimbursement of Children education allowance CEA claim for Central Government employees for the academic year 2020-2021
- 25% Hike in Allowances – Dopt Orders on increase in certain allowances by further 25% Dearness Allowances w.e.f. 1.1.2014
- Dopt issued clarification orders on reimbursement of ‘Examination Fee’ under Children Education Allowance
- Children Education Allowance – Frequently asked questions – Railway Board Orders on 1.6.2015
- Clarification in respect of grant of Children Education Allowance: 7th CPC