Facilities to Defence Personnel
Pay and allowances and other benefits / facilities are provided to the Armed Forces Personnel as per Government orders issued from time to time. Apart from pay, the Armed Forces Personnel deployed on borders in tough conditions, are being given certain compensatory allowances i.e. Field Area Allowance, Siachen Allowance, High Altitude Allowance, Island Special Duty Allowance, etc. and special clothing and ration as per extant rules. Improvement of facilities, service conditions, pay and allowances of the Armed Forces personnel is also a continuous process.
Further, provisioning of facilities to soldiers is a command function. It is ensured that all soldiers are provided facilities as per their entitlements. However, if in any case it is found that this is not done, suitable action is taken if any personnel is found to be erring.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Shri Gopal Shetty in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Discrimination in Structure of Military Service Pay – Defence Minister Reply
- Demand of allowance at par with Defence Service/Technical Personnel by Defence Civilian Employees is not feasible
- Reviewing Pay and Allowances of Armed Forces Personnel
- Malpractices in Recruitment of Soldiers
- Armed forces want higher allowances for ‘hardship’ postings
- Housing Facilities to Defence Personnel
- Facilities to Employees of BRO
- Details of benefits provided to the civilians working in the Defence sector
- Resolution of Anomalies in the 6th CPC Report