Extension of last date for filing of Income Tax Returns – Extended upto 5th August
Last date for filing of Income Tax Returns extended to August 5
The government on Wednesday extended the last date for filing of income tax returns by five days to August 5.
The due date,which was July 31,has been extended in wake of “unprecedented surge” in number of I-T returns being filed electronically.
“As a measure of taxpayers convenience,it has been decided to extend the due date of filing of returns from July 31,2013 to August 5,2013,” the Finance Ministry said.
As per the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT),there has been an unprecedented surge in number of returns being e-filed.
This year till July 30,about 92 lakh returns have been electronically filed,which is 46.8 per cent higher than the returns e-filed during the corresponding period last fiscal.
Related to Your Search:
- More than 82 Lakh Returns E-Filed till 29.07.2013
- July 31 is the Last Date to File the Income Tax Returns
- Income Tax returns can still be filed even after the deadline: IT dept. urges
- Income Tax Due Date extended for filing returns to 31.8.2012
- Due Date of E-Filing of Income Tax Returns for Assessment Year 2012-13 Extended up to 31st August, 2012
- Extension of date for filing of Income Tax Returns for taxpayers in Kerala
- Ready Reckoner for late IT Return filling
- Special IT Return Receipt Counters for Salaried Tax Payers With Income Upto Rs. Five Lakh
- Income Tax Offices to remain open on Saturday,5th August, 2017 for filing of income tax returns