Extension of date for filing of Income Tax Returns extended for five days up to 5th August, 2017
There are some complaints that the taxpayers are not being able to log on to the e-filing website of Income Tax Department or not being able to link Aadhaar with PAN because of different names reflected in PAN and Aadhaar database. While technical snags have been removed already, the main reason for failure of people to log in is because of last minute rush and panic in which those who have already logged in want to continue for the entire period for fear of losing it.
In order to ease-out the panic situation, the Government has decided to take the following steps:
- For the purpose of e-filing return, it would be sufficient as of now to quote Aadhaar or acknowledgement No. for having applied for Aadhaar in e-filing website. The actual linking of PAN with Aadhaar can be done subsequently, but any time before 31st August, 2017. However, the returns will not be processed until the linkage of Aadhaar with PAN is done.
- In order to facilitate the e-filing of return, it is also decided to give extension of five days for e-filing of return. The return can be filed upto 5th August, 2017.
Related to Your Search:
- Extension of last date for filing of Income Tax Returns – Extended upto 5th August
- Income Tax Due Date extended for filing returns to 31.8.2012
- Income Tax Offices to remain open on Saturday,5th August, 2017 for filing of income tax returns
- Extension of date for filing of Income Tax Returns for taxpayers in Kerala
- Revised Norms of IT Returns; Electronic Verification of Income Tax Returns For A.Y. 2015-16 Introduced
- Extension of Due Date for filing of Income Tax Returns
- CBDT – Order under Section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961
- Extension of date for filing of Income Tax Returns and Audit Reports from 30th September, 2018 to 15th October, 2018
- IT Returns early to avoid the last minute rush of filing – Income Tax Department urges