LDCE for promotion in Railways
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dt: 04/03/2021
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways and Production Units.
(Kind attn.: PCPO, CPOs, PFAs & FA&CAQs)
In terms of provision contained in para 204.9 of IREM VOL, formulation of panels for Group ‘B’ posts through Selections should consist of employees who have qualified in the said Selection and it should correspond to the number of vacancies for which the Selection was held. Similarly, in the case of Panels formed through LDCEs, names of candidates are arranged in the order of merit on the basis of total marks secured by them in commensuration with the number of vacancies.
2. Now one of the Federations (N.F.I.R.) has asked for adopting guidelines issued by DOP&T for the formation of ‘extended Panels’ for Group ‘B’ posts. The matter has been considered and it has been decided that ‘Extended Panels (EP)’ may be formed for Selections and LDCEs held for promotion to Group ‘B’ posts to the extent of officials getting empanelled to Group ‘B’ posts but retiring in the vacancy cycle itself.
|Vacancy cycle||01.01.2020 to 31.12.2021 + 6 months anticipated vacancies i.e. upto 30.06.2022|
|Number of vacancies assessed||13|
|Date of Gr.’B’ panel formed through Selection||29-12-2020|
|No. of empanelled candidates||13 (UR-8, SC-3, ST-2)|
|Empanelled officials retiring during 1.1.2020 to 31.12.2020||2 (1-UR, 1-SC)|
|Extended Panel to be framed for||2 (1-UR & 1- SC) – as per communal for composition required|
3. Please acknowledge receipt of this letter.
Dy. Director, Estt.(GP)III
Related to Your Search:
- Selection Procedure for Promotion to Selection Posts from Erstwhile Group D to C: Railway Board Clarification
- Direct recruitment from open market in Level-1 (7th CPC pay matrix)
- Procedure for Direct Recruitment in Level-1 (7th CPC pay matrix)
- Inclusion of eligible officers who are due to retire before the likely date of vacancies, in the panel for promotion
- Procedure for conduct of supplementary DPC – Dopt issued orders with illustration
- Eligibility conditions for promotion from Group ’C’ to Group ’B’ posts in the Accounts Department – Railway Board
- NFIR: General Departmental Competitive Examination – Consolidated instructions
- Procedure to be followed for promotion by Departmental Promotion Committee to implement Cadre Restructuring of General Line Cadre Posts.
- Reduction in number of vacancies in various departments of the central government