Expedition Process of OROP
On 07.11.2015, Government has issued orders for implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP). So far, 18,90,635 out of 20,68,292 Ex-servicemen / family pensioners have been paid Rs.3819.33 crores towards OROP arrears / revised pension under OROP Scheme. Instruction have been issued to clear the pending cases.
Financial implication of OROP is estimated at Rs.7,488.70 Crores recurring expenditure per annum at current rates and Rs.10,925.11 Crores towards arrears for the period of 01.07.2014 to 31.12.2015.
Ex-Servicemen Associations, Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement (IESM), Indian Ex-Servicemen League (IESL) etc were consulted before taking decision on OROP.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar in a written reply to Dr. V Maitreyan in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Implementation of OROP
- Status Report on implementation of OROP benefits as on April 30,2017
- Dream of OROP has moved a step closer to its approval: IESM
- OROP Table : One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation tables issued
- OROP Arrears is expected to be released by March end to family pensioners
- OROP Anomalies – One member Judicial Committee will submit its report in six months
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) Veterans on fast for full OROP
- Supreme Court seeks government response on ex-servicemen plea on OROP
- One Rank One Pension – OROP is foregone conclusion and the next step is issuance of notification for OROP and the tables