Expected DA: DA from July, 2013, 10% hike likely to announce in September – Confederation demanding 50% merger
Govt likely to announce 10% DA hike next month
Government uses CPI-IW data for past 12 month or a year to arrive at a number for the purpose of any DA hike
The government is likely to announce a hike in dearness allowance to 90% from existing 80% in September, benefiting about 50 lakh central employees and 30 lakh pensioners ahead of the festival season.
According to official sources, the preliminary assessment suggests that dearness allowance hike will be in the range of 10-11% and would be effective from July 1 this year.
He said the exact number could be calculated only when the revised all India Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) for the month of June will be released on August 30.
According to the provisional data released by government on July 31, the retail inflation for factory workers for the month of June stood at 11.06%, higher than 10.68% in May this year.
As per the practise, the government uses CPI-IW data for past 12 month or a year to arrive at a number for the purpose of any DA hike. Thus, the retail inflation for industrial workers between July, 2012 to June 2013 would be used to take final call on the matter.
“It would be around 10% this time and would be announced in September,” Confederation of Central Government Employees Secretary General K K N Kutty told PTI.
“Besides, raising DA to 90%, the government should merge 50% of the allowance with the basic pay as was our demand. DA breached 50% benchmark long ago”, he said.
As per the practise, the DA is merged with basic pay when it breaches the 50% mark. DA merger helps employees as their other allowances are paid as a proportion of basic pay.
Kutty said, “This DA hike won’t help much as actual rise in the cost of living is 171% since January 1, 2011.”
There would be a double digit hike in DA after about three years. It was last in September, 2010 that the government had announced a hike of 10% to be given with effect from July 1, 2010.
DA was hiked to 80% from 72% in April, 2013, effective from January 1, this year.
Related to Your Search:
- Central Government to hike DA by 10%; benefit 80 lakh employees and pensioners
- Expected DA : Cabinet Committee may approve in this week
- Union Cabinet may approve 10% DA hike from July, 2013 on Friday, 20th September
- Expected DA: Cabinet may approve 10% DA hike in September 2013
- Will Central Government Employees get 17 percent DA in the salary of September 2019 ?
- 7% DA from July 2014 – Prompt decision is worth appreciating..!
- 7th CPC DA Hike will announce today for central government employees and pensioners
- Government approves 10% DA hike, to benefit 50 lakh central employees.
- 2% Dearness Allowance Hike Likely For Central Government Employees From January 1