Govt to hike DA by 10%; benefit 80 lakh employees and pensioners
New Delhi: Ahead of festival season, Central Government will this month announce a hike in dearness allowance to 90 percent from existing 80 percent, benefiting about 50 lakh central employees and 30 lakh pensioners.
According to official source, dearness allowance hike will be 10 percent and would be effective from July 1, this year.
The sources further said the exact amount of dearness allowance, as a proportion of basic pay, works out to over 90 percent after factoring in the revised all India Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) for June.
According to revised data released on August 30, retail inflation for factory workers for June stood at 11.63 percent, higher than provisional estimate of 11.06 percent for the month released on July 31.
Sources said that since the revised estimate for the month of June is available, the Finance Ministry would soon prepare a proposal for the purpose for seeking Union Cabinet nod.
They further said the proposal will be moved this month.
There would be a double digit hike in DA after about three years. It was last in September, 2010, that the government had announced a hike of 10 percent to be given with effect from July 1, 2010.
DA was hiked to 80 percent from 72 percent in April, 2013, effective from January 1, this year.
As per the practice, the government uses CPI-IW data for past 12 month or a year to arrive at a number for the purpose of any DA hike. Thus, the retail inflation for industrial workers between July, 2012 to June 2013 will be used to take a final decision.
Source : PTI News
Related to Your Search:
- Central Government to hike DA by 10%; benefit 80 lakh employees and pensioners
- Dearness allowance likley to be hiked by 10% on Friday in Cabinet Meeting
- Union Cabinet may approve 10% DA hike from July, 2013 on Friday, 20th September
- Expected DA: DA from July, 2013, 10% hike likely to announce in September – Confederation demanding 50% merger
- Will Central Government Employees get 17 percent DA in the salary of September 2019 ?
- Central Government Employees: Cabinet may approve 6% dearness allowance (DA) hike next week
- Leading Newspapers gives green signal to approve DA today
- Government approves 10% DA hike, to benefit 50 lakh central employees.
- From July 2021, the expected DA for central government employees will not exceed 31 percent