Central Government pensioner life certificate
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
8th Floor, Janpath Bhavan,
Janpath, New Delhi
Dated: 11th September, 2020
Subject: Extension of period for submission of Life Certificate from October 2020 til December 2020.
Every Central Government pensioner has to submit life certificate in the month of November for further continuation of his/her pension. It has been observed that a large number of Central Government pensioners physically visit bank branches for this purpose.
- Earlier, as a measure to enable additional dedicated time to very senior pensioners, this department, vide ts OM No. 1/20/2018-P&PW(E), dated 18.07.2019, allowed the pensioners in the age group of 80 years and above, to submit Life Certificate from 1st October onward instead of 1st November, every year.
- In view of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and keeping in view of the vulnerability of elderly population to Corona Virus, it has now been decided to extend the existing timeline for submission of Life Certificate. This year, all Central Government pensioners may submit Life Certificate from 1st November, 2020 onward, till 31st December 2020. However, the pensioners in the age group of 80 years and above, can submit Life Certificate from 1st October, 2020 onwards. to 31st December, 2020. During this extended period, the pension will be continued to be paid by the Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs) uninterrupted.
- Further, in the line of RBI notification no. RBI/2019-20/138, dated January 9, 2020, which permits Video based Customer identification Process (V-CIP) as a consent based alternate method of establishing the customer’s identity, PDAs may also explore the said methodology for obtaining a Life Certificate from the pensioner, to the extent permitted by RBI guidelines, in order to avoid rush at the branches.
- The above measures are expected to avoid rush al branches and maintain social distancing, while obtaining Life Certificates from the elderly this year. PDAs shall also ensure proper arrangements and social distancing measures at the branches and prevent overcrowding.
- All Pension Disbursing Authorities are requested to take note of this OM for compliance and give wide publicity to the same amongst the pensioners.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Extension of timeline period for submission of Life Certificate by Central Government pensioners till February 28, 2021
- The timeline for Central Government pensioners to submit their Life Certificates has been extended to December 31, 2021
- Central Govt Pensioners/Family Pensioners should submit Life Certificate to their respective banks
- SAMPANN – Life Certificates LC – Digital Life Certificates submission by pensioners – DoT
- Railway Pensioners Need to Submit ‘Life Certificate’
- DoPPW – To make life easier for senior citizens to apply their annual lifetime pension certificate
- Physical Verification of Retired Employees in Indian Railways
- EPS 95 Pensioners can now submit Life Certificate at any time which will be valid for 1 year from date of submission
- EPFO to allow EPS pensioners to submit their Digital Pramaan Patra at any time during the year as per their convenience – PIB