No. 1/1/2020-E- II(B)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 23rd April, 2020.
Subject : Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners at current rates till July 2021.
The undersigned is directed to say that in view of the crisis arising out of COVID-19, it has been decided that the additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners, due from 1st January 2020 shall not be paid. The additional installments of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 shall also not be paid. However, Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief at current rates will continue to be paid.
2. As and when the decision to release the future installment of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1st July 2021 is taken by the Government, the rates of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief as effective from 1st January 2020, 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 will be restored prospectively and will be subsumed in the cumulative revised rate effective from 1st July 2021. No arrears for the period from 1st January 2020 till 30th June 2021 shall be paid.
3. These orders shall be applicable to all Central Government employees and Central Government pensioners.
(Annie George Mathew)
Additional Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Tamil Nadu State Government employees and Government pensioners
- DA for central government employees News latest update
- Fake News: Central Government has taken back its order in DA cut – Centre has not taken any such decision
- 7th CPC HRA 2021 – House Rent Allowance for Central Government employees IRTSA
- Will the HRA rise for Central government employees in July 2020? – HRA July 2020
- Central government employees will continue to get Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) at the current rates
- Cabinet hikes DA of central government employees by 5 per cent
- DA for central government employees News Latest update 2022
- Union Cabinet today approves 7% DA from July 2014 to CG Employees and Pensioners