No. 1/1/2020-E- II(B)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 23rd April, 2020.
Subject : Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners at current rates till July 2021.
The undersigned is directed to say that in view of the crisis arising out of COVID-19, it has been decided that the additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners, due from 1st January 2020 shall not be paid. The additional installments of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 shall also not be paid. However, Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief at current rates will continue to be paid.
2. As and when the decision to release the future installment of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from 1st July 2021 is taken by the Government, the rates of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief as effective from 1st January 2020, 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 will be restored prospectively and will be subsumed in the cumulative revised rate effective from 1st July 2021. No arrears for the period from 1st January 2020 till 30th June 2021 shall be paid.
3. These orders shall be applicable to all Central Government employees and Central Government pensioners.
(Annie George Mathew)
Additional Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Tamil Nadu State Government employees and Government pensioners
- Will the HRA rise for Central government employees in July 2020? – HRA July 2020
- Rajasthan government announced 6% hike in the Dearness Allowance (DA) of its employees.
- Cabinet hikes DA of central government employees by 5 per cent
- Union Cabinet today approves 7% DA from July 2014 to CG Employees and Pensioners
- Release of additional installment of dearness allowance to Central Government employees and dearness relief to Pensioners, due from 1.7.2013
- PIB Press Release on Dearness Allowance : Release of additional installment of DA to CG Staff and DR to CG Pensioners, due from 1.1.2013
- Payment of Dearness Allowance to Railway employees – Revised rates at 90% effective from 1st July 2013
- 7th Pay Commission – Union Cabinet Approved 4 Percent DA hike from Jan 01,2020 for central government employees