Estimated sanctioned and actual strength of Civilian Employees (Group-wise) in the Central Government
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
01-August-2014 17:05 IST
Sanctioned and Acutal Strength of Employees in Central Government; 30,84,530 Civilian Employees in Position
As per the information available, the estimated sanctioned and actual strength of Civilian Employees (Group-wise) in the Central Government is:
|Group-wise number of sanctioned posts||Number in position|
In view of the prevailing economic scenario and in order to promote fiscal discipline, Government of India has issued Economy instructions which, inter alia, impose a ban on creation of new posts. However, proposals for creation of posts are examined/concurred to in the Ministry on case to case basis if supported by adequate functional justification.
All Ministries/Departments are required to review their vacancies vis-a-vis the work load regularly to take necessary steps for filing up vacancies as per their requirements subject to extant guidelines and rules on the matter.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Finance, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Sanctioned strength and Employees in position in Central Government as on 01.03.2016
- Group-wise estimated number of vacant posts of regular Central Government Civilian Employees as on 01.03.2012
- Latest Census of Group wise Central Government Employees
- Group-wise estimated number of regular Central Government Civilian Employees in Central Government
- Number of Posts Sanctioned, Filled and Vacant of Regular Civilian Employees in Central Government
- Latest position of vacancies available in Railways
- Number of vacancies in the Central Government Services
- Government Jobs: Details of vacancy position in Government Departments
- Number of Central Government Employees who retired during the last three years & appointed against the vacancies