ESIC recruits 135 sports persons from different field of sports
ESIC has recruited 135 talented sports persons from all across India. Out of these 135 sportspersons, 26 are football players, 21 are Badminton players (01- Para Badminton), 30 are Table Tennis players (03 – Para Table Tennis), 22 are Volleyball players, 11 are Kabaddi players, 10 are from Archery, 07 are Boxers, 06 are Wrestlers and 01 is a Para Athlete. In the above list, 15 are female players representing Archery (03), Badminton (03), Table Tennis (08) and Para Table Tennis (01).
The top 10 sports persons who received the ‘Offer of Appointment’ from the hands of Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, Chairman, ESIC and Hon’ble Minister (Labour & Employment), Govt. of India are as following:-
1. Shri Pramod Bhagat comes from the State of Odisha and is a Gold Medalist (Men’s Single) in BWF Para Badminton World Championship, 2015, England. He also won a Silver in Men’s Doubles. Earlier also, he participated in 2013 Edition of the same tournament at the international level. Shri Bhagat also achieved 3rd place in Asian Para Games, 2014 held at Inchen.
2. Shri Ajay Singh Sekhawat, who comes from the State of Rajasthan, backed 1st place in 2015 Asian Archery Taipei Open Tournament, Asia Cup 2015, Bangkok, Thailand. He also achieved 1st place in 36th National Archery Championship, 2015 and a Bronze Medalist in 37th Junior National Archery Championship, 2014. He won All India Inter University Archery Tournament.
3. Ms. Patel Bhavinaben belongs to the State of Gujarat and is a Bronze Medalist in Para Table Tennis Thailand Open 2015. She is also a Silver Medalist in 2013 ITTG PTT Asia Table Tennis Regional Championship. Her world ranking is 12 and she is also preparing for World Cup 2018.
4. Shri Avnil Kumar, a Para Athelete, is a Silver Medalist in 2016 IPC Athletics Asia-Oceania Championship Dubai and participated in IBSA Word games. He also participated in Malaysia Open.
5. Shri Jatin participated in Cadet Asian Championship 2013 (Wrestling) and achieved 3rd place in Zrenjanin, Serbia.
6. Ms. Esha Monga is a sportperson in Table Tennis and a Silver Medalist in ITTF World Junior Circuit 2007. She is also a Senior National Gold Medalist 2013.
7. Shri Jagdar Singh got 2nd place in 40th Junior National 2014 (Volleyball). He also represented Rajasthan (as Captain) in 18th Youth National, 2016 and in 17th Youth National 2015. He is also a winner in All India Inter University 2014-15.
8. Shri S. Shanmugham is a Volleyball player from Tamilnadu and a Gold Medalist in Junior National.
9. Ms. S. Krithicka from Tamilnadu, achieved 5th position (Table Tennis) in 75th Senior National, 2014. She is also a Silver Medalist in 75th Youth & Junior National, 2014.
10. Shri Subhendu Show participated in 77th Senior National & Inter State TT Championship 2015. He got 3rd position in All India Inter University, 2014 and a Junior National Silver Medal.
The ESI Corporation is holding a 3 day Induction Training for all the above newly recruited officials under Sports Quota. The opening ceremony in which the Offer of Appointment was distributed, was attended by Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, Hon’ble Minsiter of State (Independent Charge), for Labour & Employment, Govt. of India, Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Hon’ble Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Govt. of India, Shri Vijay Goel, Hon’ble Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India, Smt. Meenakashi Lekhi, Hon’ble Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha), Shri Manoj Kumar Tiwari, Hon’ble Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha), Smt. M. Sathiyavathy, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India and Shri Deepak Kumar, IAS, Director General, ESIC.
Related to Your Search:
- Incentives to Sports persons
- Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy : RBE No. 98/2016
- Railway sports persons are participating in Asian Games to be held at Incheon City of South Korea
- Sports Facilities of Central Civil Services Cultural Sports Board available for Central Government Employees and their families
- Scheme of Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons
- Government approved Centre for Disability Sports at Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh
- Recruitment of meritorious sports persons to any post in Group ‘C’ – Central Government Jobs
- Cash incentive to sportspersons
- Recruitment under Sports Quota in the Armed Forces