ESIC clarification on applicability of CCS (Pension) Rules in respect of employee(s), who have entered into the services of Central Government/ Autonomous Body, on or before 31-12-2003 and resigned technically to join ESIC:-
EMPLOYEES’ STATE INSURANCE CORPORATION
(An ISO 9001-2000 certified organisation)
PANCHDEEP BHAWAN C.I.C MARC NEW DELHI-2
Sub.: Applicability of CCS (Pension) Rules – reg.
References/representations are being received from various quarters/ individuals requesting for continuation of coverage under old pension scheme in respect of employee(s), who have entered into the services of Central Government/ Autonomous Body, on or before 31-12-2003 and resigned technically to join ESIC, though the individual(s) has opted to draw pension from previous employer.
In this connection, it is informed that as per para 5(1) (a) of GOI OM dated 29.8.1984, “The Central Govt. employees who have already been sanctioned or have received pro-rata retirement benefits or other terminal benefits for their past service will have the option to retain such benefits and in that event their past service will not qualify for pension under the Autonomous Body or the Central Govt.”
Since the individual(s) has exercised the option to draw pension from his/her previous deptt., his/her past service will not qualify for pension in this Organization. Moreover, in case, the individual doesn’t wish to get his past in two (or more) Govt. services service counted, there will be no continuity and the individual will be governed by New Pension Scheme, as Old Pension Scheme has been discontinued w.e.f. 1.1.2004.
You are, therefore, requested to regulate such cases accordingly.
This has the approval of Insurance Commissioner (P&A).
Related to Your Search:
- NPS-OPS: Mobility of personnel amongst Central State & Autonomous Bodies while working under Pensionable establishments -DoPPW dated 11 June, 2020
- REVISION OF PENSION OF AUTONOMOUS BODY PENSIONERS – FINANCE MINISTRY’S STAND
- Counting of past service for admissibility in old pension scheme, new pension scheme, pay protection and leave accumulation to All India Services officers
- Counting of past service fix admissibility in old pension scheme, new pension scheme, pay protection and leave accumulation to All India Services officers
- Benefit of gratuity in respect of Central Government Employees counting of service on joining new service covered under National Pension System (NPS)
- 7th Pay Commission: Good news for autonomous bodies as government may give them salary hike, but with conditions
- Permanent absorption of Central Government employees and employees of the Union Territories in the autonomous bodies of the Union Territories counting of service for pension
- Delegation of powers to Financial Advisers of administrative Ministry/ Department to accord exemption for air travel in airlines other than Mr India in individual cases of autonomous bodies
- ENCASHMENT OF EARNED LEAVE ON JOINING CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES FROM PSUS & VICE VERSA