ESIC Approves the Enhancement of Wage Ceiling from Present Rs. 15,000 per Month to Rs. 21,000
The Employees State Insurance Corporation(ESIC) has approved the enhancement of wage ceiling from present Rs. 15,000 per month to Rs. 21,000/-. The draft Rules calling for objections has been published in Gazette of India on 06.10.2016. This enhancement of wage ceiling shall bring more employees under ESIC coverage. In addition, the decision has also been taken to ensure coverage of the Scheme in all districts of the Country.
The ESIC in its meeting dated 07/08/2015 has decided to bear the expenses on super specialty treatment over and above the expenditure of state government.
The ESIC in its 166th Corporation meetings held on 07.08.2015 has decided to consider eligibility of pre existing diseases i.e. for malignancy & dialysis as prospective w.e.f. 30.08.2016.
Further, ESIC has revised eligibility for Super Specialty including the children of Insured Persons with congenital diseases & genetic disorders.
This information was given by Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, the Minister of State (IC) for Labour and Employment, in reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- ESIC – Relaxation in contributory conditions to avail Sickness Benefit to the Insured Women availing Maternity Benefit
- Enhancement of reimbursement ceiling on medical expenditure incurred by State ESI Schemes
- BIO-Metric ID for Industrial Workers by ESIC
- Threshold Limit for Coverage under ESIC
- ESIC: Recruitment of Around 5200 Various Posts in ESIC Under Way
- 30 lakh to benefit from new EPF limit
- ESIC Calendar and Diary 2018
- Government approves hike in bonus ceiling from Rs. 3500 to Rs 7000
- ESI Corporation took important decision towards improvement in its service delivery mechanism