Ministry of Labour & Employment
EPFO says no data leakage from their data centre
02 MAY 2018
EPFO has taken advance action by closing the server and host service through Common Service Centres pending vulnerability checks as part of the data security and protection. EPFO has been taking all necessary precautions and measures to ensure that no data leakage takes place.
With regard to the news item being circulated in the social media platform that there has been vulnerabilities in the EPFO data, based on which a letter has been written to the Chief Executive Officer, Common Service Centre (CSC) to plug such vulnerabilities.
In this regard, it is informed that warnings regarding vulnerabilities in data or software is a routine administrative process based on which the services which were rendered through Common Service Centres have been discontinued w.e.f. 22nd March 2018. The news is relating to the services through common service centres and not about EPFO Software or data centre. No confirmed data leakage has been established or observed so far.
As such, there is nothing to be concerned about the news item. EPFOis continuously monitoring and will continue to be vigilant about it in future.
Related to Your Search:
- EPFO joins network of Common Services Centers
- EPFO to allow EPS pensioners to submit their Digital Pramaan Patra at any time during the year as per their convenience – PIB
- Organizational Restructuring of EPFO Approved to Address Career Progression of Over 20000 Officials
- Aadhaar Data is Never Breached or Leaked: UIDAI
- Trial run of filling up of data about representation of SCs,STs and OBCs and Persons with Disabilities in Central Government Services
- Upgradation of Employment Exchanges
- EPFO leverages CSC network to conduct Jeevan Pramaan for pensioners
- EPFO – Provision of downloading digital copy of Pension Payment Order (PPO) from Digilocker
- Development of EPFO APP – UMANG