EPFO Rate of Interest
The declared rate of interest on Employees Provident Fund (EPF) paid to the subscribers during the last three years is as under:
|Year||Rate of Interest (in per cent.)||Date on which Rate of Interest declared|
The interest rate on EPF is determined by the Central Government in consultation with the Central Board. The Central Board of Trustees (CBT), Employees Provident Fund (EPF), in its meeting held on 21.02.2018, has recommended 8.55 per cent. rate of interest to EPF subscribers for 2017-18. The proposal has now been sent to the Ministry of Finance for their concurrence to the interest rate of 8.55 per cent to the EPF subscribers for the year 2017-18.
Approximately 19,97,84,374 number of accounts of account holders are likely to be credited with the statutory rate of interest declared for the year 2017-18.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Labour and Employment Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha on 19.3.2018.
Related to Your Search:
- EPFO to decide PF interest rate on January 14
- Government reduces interest rate on GPF to 8 percent
- PF(Provident Fund) Interest Rate 8.75%
- EPF interest rate raised by 0.25 to 8.5 per cent for the current fiscal
- Government Hikes GPF Interest Rate To 8% For October-December quarter
- State Railway Provident Fund: Rate of interest 2016-17
- Provident Fund : Revised rate of interest – with regard to Staff Provident Fund in EPFO
- Interest Rate @ 8.7% during the year 2014-15 for GPF and similar funds: FInmin Resolution
- General Provident Fund (Tamilnadu) : Rate of interest for the period 01.01.2017 to 31.03.2017