EPFO leverages CSC network to conduct Jeevan Pramaan for pensioners
11 JUN 2020
In recognition of need to bring service delivery closer to the door steps of EPS pensioners, especially during the challenging times of COVID-19 Pandemic, EPFO has proactively partnered with Common Service Centre (CSC) to provide facility to submit Digital Jeevan Pramaan. By leveraging the last mile network of over 3.65 lakh Common Services Centers, EPFO provides its 65 lakh pensioners facility to submit Digital Jeevan Pramaan closer to their residence. EPS pensioners are required to submit Jeevan Pramaan /Life certificate each year to continue to draw pension.
In addition to CSC centers, EPS pensioners can also submit Jeevan Pramaan through 135 regional offices and 117 district offices and pension disbursing banks. A multi agency model adopted by EPFO empowers EPS pensioners with choice and autonomy to select the service delivery agency as per their convenience.
A key policy change has been to allow EPS pensioners to submit Digital Jeevan Pramaan at any time during the year as per their convenience. The life certificate will remain valid for one year from date of submission. Earlier, the pensioners were required to submit the Jeevan Pramaan in the month of November. This resulted in difficulties faced by pensioners and generated large number of grievances on account of stoppage of pension. Also, in case of belated submission of Life Certificate it remained valid only for a few months up to November. This pro pensioner step has been taken to provide hassle free social security cover to EPS pensioners.
EPFO is committed to facilitate financial independence of its 65 lakh EPS pensioners by ensuring timely disbursement of pension especially during the times of crisis.
Related to Your Search:
- EPFO to allow EPS pensioners to submit their Digital Pramaan Patra at any time during the year as per their convenience – PIB
- EPFO facilitates multiple options for submission of Digital Life Certificate by EPS pensioners
- EPFO extends time limit for Pensioners upto 28th February 2021 for submission of Jeevan Pramaan Patra; 35 Lakh pensioners with EPFO to benefit
- Submission of Digital Life Certificates by the pensioners from 1st October 2021 to 30th November 2021 at Jeevan Pramaan Centres DoP
- CPAO – Submission of Life Certificate by NPS-AR pensioner through Jeevan Pramaan
- Central Government pensioners need not visit office of Pension department or pension disbursing agency for submission of Life Certificate
- EPS 95 Pensioners can now submit Life Certificate at any time which will be valid for 1 year from date of submission
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners from Jeevan Pramaan website
- Government to help pensioners for getting digital life certificates