Ministry of Labour & Employment
EPFO Issues Revised Instructions to Facilitate PF Members to Rectify their Birth Records
05 APR 2020
In a move to extend the availability and reach of online services in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, EPFO has issued revised instructions to its field offices to facilitate PF members to rectify their date of birth in EPFO records, thus ensuring that their UAN is KYC compliant.
The date of birth recorded in ‘Aadhaar’ will now be accepted as valid proof of date of birth for the purpose of rectification, provided that the difference in the two dates is less than 3 years. The PF subscribers can submit the correction requests online.
This will enable EPFO to validate the date of birth of members online with UIDAI instantaneously, thus authenticating and reducing the processing time of change requests.
EPFO has instructed field offices to expedite disposal of online requests, enabling PF members in financial distress, to apply online for availing non refundable advance from their PF accumulations to tide over the COVID-19 pandemic.
Related to Your Search:
- EPFO resolve 1.37 Lakh EPF withdrawal claims to counter Covid-19 within 10 days
- PF withdrawal: EPFO members can now apply for a second COVID-19 non-refundable advance
- Online Facility for Settlement of Claims in EPFO
- Pensioners Portal Orders : Instructions regarding date of birth/age of family pensioners.
- EPFO introduces a new facility for its members to link their respective UAN with Aadhaar online
- Change of date of birth of members of Employees Pension Scheme 1995
- Leveraging Aadhaar for improving the services of EPFO – regarding.
- Relief to establishments covered by the EPF and MP Act , 1952 from penalty levy for delayed payment of dues during lockdown
- EPFO: Digital Signatures Under Employees Provident Fund Organisation