EPFO: Digital Signatures Under Employees Provident Fund Organisation
The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has not made it mandatory for all employers with more than 1000 workers to send their digital signatures to the EPFO.
However, Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is implementing the facility for online claim settlement in respect of transfer claims. This facility is optional and the claims can either be filed on line or through physical form. The system will be made operative after digital signature of willing employer or his representative is registered with EPFO. Necessary communication to this effect has already been sent to all employers and the process of registration of digital signature has also begun.
The electronic challan return (ECR) filed by employers show that the number of employees employed by an establishment changes from month to month. However, an analysis of ECR between February, 2013 to June, 2013 suggests that out of 7,43,045 enrolled establishment under Employees’ Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, 5232 establishment reported more than 1000 contributing members.
Registration of digital signature with EPFO is not mandatory. However, field offices of EPFO have been instructed to make maximum efforts to obtain digital signatures of the employers or their re-presentatives.
This information was given by Minister of State for Labour & Employment Shri Kodikunnil Suresh in the Lok Sabha today in reply to a written question.
(Release ID :98645)
Related to Your Search:
- EPFO shows much better improvement
- EPFO – Revised Transfer Claim Form 13
- PF Withdrawal Made Easier, 2 Crore Employees to Benefit: 10 Facts
- Online Facility for Settlement of Claims in EPFO
- Employees can withdraw EPF money without employers permission
- EPFO takes various steps for speedy settlement of claims
- EPFO must give Priority to timely Settlement of Claims for Provident Fund
- Provident Fund Accounts through E-Mails/Sms
- Provident Fund : Revised rate of interest – with regard to Staff Provident Fund in EPFO