EPF interest rate raised by 0.25 to 8.5 per cent for the current fiscal
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization, EPFO, has decided to pay 8.5 per cent rate of interest on Provident Fund, PF, deposits for 2012-13.
It is higher by 0.25 per cent provided in the previous fiscal. It will benefit over five crore subscribers of retirement fund body.
The decision was taken at the meeting of the Central Board of Trustees, the highest decision making body of EPFO, chaired by Labour Minister Mallikarjun Kharge.
According to the EPFO’s estimates, payment of 8.5 per cent interest rate on PF deposits for current fiscal, would leave a surplus of 4.13 crore rupees with the retirement fund body.
Related to Your Search:
- PF(Provident Fund) Interest Rate 8.75%
- EPFO is likely to increase the interest rate on PF deposits for 2015-16, from 8.75% fixed for the last two financial years
- EPFO to decide PF interest rate on January 14
- EPFO may pay 9% interest on PF deposits for 2015-16
- EPFO – Finance Ministry has approved 8.65% rate of interest on Employees Provident Fund (EPF) for 2018-19
- EPFO Likely to Retain Interest Rate at 8.75%
- 8.5% on PF deposits expected, EPFO board meeting likely on 4th October 2013
- EPFO likely to provide 9% interest for 2014-15 – Economic Times
- EPFO trustees may decide on 8.5% interest rate today i.e. 13th Jan, 2014