EPF Beneficiaries in the Country
As on 31.03.2012, total number of beneficiaries under Employees’ Pension Scheme 1995 are 41.03 lakhs and the amount of pension paid to these pensioners by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is Rs. 4475.45 crores.
A proposal of the Pension Implementation Committee (PIC), a sub-Committee of the Central Board of Trustees, Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) to enhance the minimum pension under Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995 to Rs. 1000 is under consideration of the Government.
The Minister of State for Labour & Employment Shri K. Suresh gave this information in reply to a written question in the Rajya Sabha today about the the total number of Employees Provident Fund’s pension beneficiaries in the country and amount of pension being paid to them from exchequer; and whether Government will abide by its old promise to enhance their pension amount and if so, by when it is likely to be materialised.
Related to Your Search:
- EPF Members to Withdraw upto 90 % Fund for Purchase of House
- Pension: Enhancement of EPF pension
- Agreements with Banks for easy deposit & withdrawals of EPF Contributions
- General Provident Fund (GPF) – Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Increasing Pension Limits Under Employees Pension Scheme
- Changes in National Pension System (NPS)
- Contribution Towards Employee’s Pension Fund
- NPS: Subscribers, Annual Return, Guidelines & Salient Feature – Rajya Sabha Q&A
- PFRDA – Increase the limit of pension and age under Atal Pension Yojana