Enrollment of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) in National Pension System (NPS)
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
B-14/A, Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhawan,
Qutub Institutional Area,
Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi-110016
Date: 17th December 2019
Subject: Clarification – Enrollment of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) in NPS.
- This is in continuation to the Circular No: PFRDA/2019/19 /PDES/3 dated 29th Oct, 2019 on the above subject whereby the Authority permitted Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) to enroll in National Pension System (NPS) at par with Non-Resident Indians (NRI).
- Based on the communication received from Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), it is hereby clarified that Annuity payable by ASPs to NRIs and OCIs will be taxed at source, at rates applicable as per the DTAA (Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements) of the country where the annuitant resides.
- Hence the intermediaries including Annuity Service Providers (ASPs) are required to display/ convey to the prospective and existing subscribers that ‘Annuities payable to NRI/ OCI are subject to TDS and ‘repatriation of the corpus, if any, will be subject to applicable laws and regulatory provisions of IRDAI/ PFRDA/ RBI in their relevant marketing materials / website(s) / brochures / communications.
Also check: Good news for NPS employees
Mono MG Phukon
Related to Your Search:
- PFRDA Orders : Empanelment of Annuity Service Providers (ASPs) under National Pension System for providing annuity services
- Any Indian citizen, resident or non-resident and OCIs(Overseas Citizen of India) are now eligible to join NPS
- Default ASP and Annuity Scheme for subscribers exiting from NPS and Seeking withdrawal of Accumulated Pension Wealth
- PFRDA Orders : Exit rules under National Pension System for All Citizen model under UoS including Corporates and Swavalamban scheme
- Master Circular on Product design and Exit from National Pension System (NPS)
- PFRDA Orders : Exit rules under National Pension System for Government Employee Subscribers
- NPS Exit and purchase of Annuity – Clarification issued by PFRDA
- Age Limit for NPS
- Comparing pension amount(Family Pension or NPS annuity) by Government Nodal Office before processing Family Pension cases on Death/disability of subscriber