Enhancement of Retirement Age for Dental Doctors
Dental doctors seek enhancement in the age of superannuation
Senior Dental Doctors and Specialists working in Government of India today approached the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh and sought his intervention against alleged discrimination towards them in the matter of age of superannuation.
A delegation led by Dr H. P. Singh, President, Central Government Dental Doctors’ Association handed over a memorandum to Dr Jitendra Singh in which it has been pointed out that whereas the Central Government, vide its order dated 31.05.2016, raised the superannuation age of Non-teaching Specialists sub-cadre, public health sub-cadre, GDMO sub-cadre of CHS to 65 years, the same rule somehow, did not become applicable to Dental Doctors working in Central Government. This has led to feeling of discrimination and grievance among the Central Government Dental Doctors, they said.
The memorandum also sought to note that out of 34 sanctioned posts of Dental Doctors all over India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, at present only 24 posts are filled and occupied. In other words, this means that the grievance pertaining to the enhancement of retirement age to 65 years in order to make at par with the other doctors of Central Health Services is confined only to 24 doctors who happen to be from Dental Specialty working under the Central Government.
The delegation underlined that they had represented their grievance to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and were now approaching Dr Jitendra Singh.
Dr Jitendra Singh gave a patient hearing to the members of delegation and said that he would take up their grievance with the Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Besides President Dr. H.P. Singh, other prominent members of the delegation included Dr. Gautam Khatak, Dr. D. Kabi, Dr. Rahul Minotra, Dr. M. Vasu, Dr. Meenakshi Panda and Dr. Nishtha Ramawat.
Related to Your Search:
- Decision of the Cabinet for enhancement of age of superannuation of Dental Doctors under Ministry of Railway
- Retirement Age 65 for General Duty Medical Officers, Specialist Grade doctors
- Cabinet approves the Retirement Age of Doctors increased to 65 years
- Railway Board Order – Enhancement of age of superannuation of IRMS Doctors (GDMOs)
- Increase in Retirement age to 65 for Doctors of OFB
- Cabinet approves enhancement of age of superannuation of Non-Teaching, Public Health Specialists and General Duty Medical Officers sub-cadre of Central Health Service to 65 years
- Retirement age increased to 65 for Central Government Doctors – MOHFW orders on 31.5.2016
- FUNDAMENTAL (SECOND AMENDMENT) RULES, 2018 – OPTION TO BE SUBMITTED BY CHS AND DENTAL DOCTORS TO SERVE THE GOVERNMENT UPTO 65 YEARS
- Retirement Age of Doctors: Amendment in FR-56