Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to Jangi Inam (a Pre Independence Gallantry Award)
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi -110105
Dated the 4th December, 2017
The Chief of Army Staff
The Chief of Navy Staff
The Chief of Air Staff
Subject: Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to Jangi Inam (a Pre Independence Gallantry Award).
I am directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No. 7(119)/2008-D(AG) dated 30th March, 2011 on the above subject and to convey the sanction of the President to the enhanced payment at the following rate to all categories of Jangi awardees and their legal heirs of World War I (Two lives) and World War II (one life only) with effect from 1st August, 2017.
|GALLANTRY AWARD||EXISTING RATE
2. All other terms and conditions contained in this Ministry’s letter referred to above governing the grant of payment of this enhanced monetary allowance of ‘Jangi Inam’ will remain unchanged.
3. The expenditure incurred will be debitable to the relevant Heads of Defence Services Estimates .
4. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) vide their U.O. No.7/67/E.III.A/98 dated 11th September, 2017.
(T.D. Prashanth Rao)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to the Post Independence Gallantry Awards
- Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to the Pre-Independence Gallantry Awards
- Policy Towards World War II Veterans Pensioners
- PCDA Circular 30 – Payment of enhanced Monetary Allowances attached to pre and post independence Gallantry Awards
- Payment of enhanced Monetary Allowance attached to pre and post independence Gallantry Awards
- Monetary Allowance for Widows of Gallantry Awards Recipients
- Enhancement/sanction of ex-gratia ad-hoc allowance to Burma Army Pensioners
- DA Orders for Armed Forces Officers and Personnel Below Officer Rank including NCs(E) – 125% from Jan 2016
- Payment of Dearness Allowance to Armed Forces Officers and Personnel Below Officer Rank including NCs(E) Revised rates effective from 01.07.2017