Enhancement in the rates of various allowances by 25% consequent upon Dearness Allowance crossing 100%
All India Railwaymen’s Federation
4, State Entry Road, New Delhi-110055
Dated: March 10, 2014
Sub: Enhancement in the rates of various allowances by 25% consequent upon Dearness Allowance crossing 100%
Ref.: Railway Board’s letter No.F(E)I/2011/AL-28/18 dated 13.06.2011(RBE No.87) and E(P&A) I-2011/SP-1/Misc.1 dated 13.06.2011(RBE No.88/2011)
The VI CPC in their report had recommended that certain allowances, viz. Children Education Allowance, National Holiday Allowance, Daily Allowance, Washing Allowance, Breakdown Allowance, Special Compensatory Allowance, Cycle Maintenance Allowance, Fixed Conveyance Allowance, Road Mileage Allowance, Special Allowance to various categories of staff etc., should be increased by 25% whenever Dearness Allowance crosses 50%, and this recommendation was duly accepted by the Government of India.
Based on the above recommendation of the VI CPC, these allowances have since been enhanced by 25% w.e.f. 01.01.2011, i.e. from the date, Dearness Allowance having been crossed 50%.
Now, Dearness Allowance has crossed 100% w.e.f. 01.01.2014, there is, therefore, gross justification that the above allowances be further enhanced by additional 25%, as Dearness Allowance has again crossed the value of 50% after enhancement of these allowances w.e.f.01.01.2011.
The Board are, therefore, requested to issue necessary instruction to this effect an early date
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Related to Your Search:
- List of Allowances increased @ 25%(over original 6th CPC rate) after 100% DA: Railway Board Order
- Railway Board Order: List of various allowance enhanced 25% from 01.01.2014
- List of Allowances & Advances increased by 25% due to Dearness Allowance touched to 100% with effect from 1.1.2014.
- 25% Hike in Allowances – Confederation writes to Dopt to issue necessary orders
- Increase in the existing rates of Patient Care Allowance w.e.f. 01/01/2014 after 100% DA: Railway Board Order
- Revision of Special Allowance and Cash Handling Allowance as a result of enhancement of Dearness Allowance w.e.f. 1.1.2014
- Revision in the rate of Special Allowance in respect of staff working in Central Ticket Checking Squad of Railway Board
- Rates of Dearness Allowance applicable with effective from 01 January 2013 to the Railway employees continuing to draw their pay in the pre-revised scale as per 5th CPC – Railway Board Orders
- Special Allowance to Nurses working in Operation Theater/Intensive Care Unit – revision of Allowances