Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, ‘A’ wing,
Lok Nayak Bhawan,
New Delhi Dated 24th December, 2019
Subject:- Engagement of retired Government officers as ‘Consultant’ on contract basis on DPIIT – inviting applications thereof – reg – For CSS Officers.
The undersigned is directed to circulate the Vacancy Circular No. A- 12023/3/2019-ENG dated 18th December, 2019 (along-with enclosures) received from Department for Promotion of Industry & Industrial Trade inviting applications retired Government officers from the rank of SO/US/ DS or equivalent from Central Government /PSU/ Autonomous Body having considerable experience of functioning of Central Government Ministries/ Departments for engagement of Consultant (15 posts) on contract basis.
2.In case of any further clarification, applicants are requested to contact the concerned Ministries/ Departments.
(Sanjay Kumar Das Oupta)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
The terms and conditions of the contract shall be as under
- The consultants will be required to examine cases/proposals, policy issues in the light of Central Govt. rules and regulation, prepare briefs/presentations and analyse the proposals assigned to them by their controlling officers. They shall be fully conversant with MS-Word/ PPT/ Excel etc. as per role requirement and print their own notes/ drafts/ OMs as required.
- A consolidated remuneration of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand only) per month (minus Professional Tax/ TDS as applicable) shall be payable to consultants who have retired at the rank of US or above.
- A consolidated remuneration of Rs.40,000/- (Rupees forty thousand only) per month (minus Professional Tax/ TDS as applicable) shall be payable to consultants who have retired at the level of SO or equivalent.
- The consolidated remuneration shall be payable, subject to periodical completion of work certified by the controlling Officer. They will not be eligible for any other allowance or facility in addition to the consolidated pay. They will, however. continue to draw their pension and relief on pension. as per their entitlement.
- They should not have attained the age of 63 years on the closing date of applications.
- Working hours shall normally be from 9 AM to 5.30 PM during working days. However, in exigencies of work, they may be required to sit late and may be called on Saturdays/ Sundays and other holidays. They will be eligible for 08 days leave during the period of one year subject to the approval of the controlling Officer.
- They will be governed by the Official Secrets Act, 1923, as amended from time to time and will not disclose to any unauthorized person(s) any information/data that may come to their notice during the period of their engagement as ‘Consultant’ in the Department. All such documents will be property of the Government.
- They will not utilize or publish or disclose or part with, to a third party. any part of the data or statistics or proceedings or information collected for the purpose of their assignments or during the course of, assignment for the Department without the express written consent of the Department.
- The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the data collected as well as deliverables produced for the Department shall remain with the Department. x) Their attention is drawn to Central Vigilance Commission’s circular no. 01/01/17 dated 23.1.2017 and circular no. 08/06/2011 dated 24.6.2011 regarding engagement of consultants. They will be completely accountable for any advice or any service rendered by them during their engagement in this Department in view of norms of ethical business and professionalism.
- They must act, at all times, in the interest of DPIIT and render any advice! service with professional integrity.
- They will maintain highest standards of integrity, transparency, competitiveness, economy and efficiency while working as consultant in this Department. If required, they will cooperate fully with any legitimately provided! constituted investigative body, conducting inquiry into processing or execution of the consultancy contract! any other matter related with discharge of contractual obligations by the consultant.
- The consultants appointed by the Department shall in no case represent or give opinion or advice to others in any mater which is adverse to the interest of the Department nor will they indulge in any activity outside the terms of the contractual assignment.
- They will complete the assigned task within the stipulated period as per the requirement of their controlling officers. They will not take up any assignment or contract which conflicts with the interest of the Government during the contract period.
- They shall be bounded to hand-over the entire set of records of assignment to the Department before the expiry of the contract and before the final payment is released by the Department.
- The engagement as Consultant can be terminated by the Department at any time without assigning any reason thereof by giving them 15 days’ notice. However, in case a Consultant wishes to resign, he will have to give 15 days advance notice or remuneration in lieu thereof before resigning from the engagement.
- The existing consultants in the Department will continue as per their existing entitlements/ remuneration till they complete their sanctioned tenures. Such consultants, who are already engaged, after completion of their tenure. may be considered for the new grades on the request of the consultant and the recommendations of controlling officers about their performance during the tenure of consultancy.
Related to Your Search:
- CPAO – Applications for engagement of Three Consultants on Contract Basis
- DoPT – Engagement of a consultant in the Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
- Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare – Consultant in the Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
- DoPT Orders 2019 – Engagement of Retired Government Officers as Consultant on contract basis in the Directorate General of Health Services as Under Secretary level
- Engagement of a consultant in the Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
- Engagement of retired central Government officers as consultants at Section Officer & Assistant Section Officer level – DoPT Orders 2019
- Engagement of retired Central Government Employees as Consultant in the Department of Posts through advertisement
- Engagement of retired Government officers on contract basis at the level of Section Officer and Assistant Section Officer in the Directorate General of Health Services – DoPT 2020
- Engagement of Retired government officials in the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation as Section Officer