Employment to Differently Abled
Section 34 of the ” The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016″ mandates every appropriate Government to appoint in every Government establishment, not less than four per cent of the total number of vacancies in the cadre strength in each group of posts meant to be filled with persons with benchmark disabilities of which, one per cent each shall be reserved for persons with benchmark disabilities under clauses (a), (b) and (c) and one per cent for persons with benchmark disabilities under clauses (d) and (e), namely:-
(a) blindness and low vision;
(b) deaf and hard of hearing;
(c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy;
(d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness;
(e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness in the posts identified for each disabilities.
Section 34 of the Act also provides that the reservation in promotion shall be in accordance with such instructions as are issued by the appropriate Government from time to time.
Promotions to the higher grades are made as per provisions of the relevant Recruitment Rules. In some of the Recruitment Rules, provisions exist for promotion either on the basis of seniority in service or through Limited Departmental Competitive Examinations. The candidates, who do not qualify the Limited Departmental Competitive Examination are promoted on the basis of their inter-se-seniority in the feeder grade.
However, in cases where the departmental promotion test is the only mode of promotion, proposal to give promotion on the basis of the seniority or merit in service alone is not under consideration.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State for Prime Minister’s Office, Dr Jitendra Singh in a written reply to question by Shri Chandu Lal Sahu in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Promotion of the Visually Impaired
- Reservation in promotion for differently-abled people
- DoPT Reservation for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
- FAQ on reservations for disabled persons in Central Government posts / services
- Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities – Suggestions ; if any, from all concerned including general public
- EWS – Reservation Persons with Benchmark Disabilities and Economically Weaker Sections who are serving employees – General Departmental Competitive Examination
- Eligibility Condition for Differently abled
- Welfare Measures for Persons with Disabilities
- Government notifies law on rights of persons with disabilities