Employment News – Latest vacancy position in Railways – Report on Zonal wise as on 1.4.2013
Employment News – Latest vacancy position in Railways – Report on Zonal wise as on 1.4.2013 – Total vacancies 1,311,959
The Minister of State for Railways Shri.Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury said in a statement in the Parliament on 13th December 2013 that the filling up of vacancies is a continuous process and there is always a lag between occurrence of vacancies and processing the same for filling up which involves issue of notification, holding examination, finalization of select panels and issue of appointment letters.
The total number of employees as on 1.4.2013 is 1311959*, of which SC employees is 219682*, ST employees is 94,879* and Persons with disability is 8814*.
The number of fresh face substitutes engaged directly by the General Managers in various Railway Zones in last 3 years is 1784. General Managers on Zonal Railways have been authorized by the Ministry of Railways to engage Substitutes in exigencies of services against vacancies to the extent of 10% in Safety Category and 2% in Other Categories, in order to avoid Railway Services getting adversely affected.
The total number of vacancies in Railways, zone-wise as on 1.4.2013 is given as under:-
|South East Central||11,332|
Related to Your Search:
- Drive against absentee workmen in Railways
- Recruitment Process of Indian Railways
- Provision of cooking facilities for employees sent on duty at outstation
- Life Insurance Corporation of India Limited – Apprentice Development Officer – 5201 Vacancies – Last Date 22.12.2012
- South Western Railway : Engagement of Railway Apprentices 2013
- Railways: Posts relating to security are lying vacant in Railways
- Upper age limit for direct recruitment to non-gazetted
- NFIR Filling up the posts of Loco Inspectors.
- Payment of Over Time arrears to the staff promoted to higher Grade Pay posts under cadre restructuring w.e.f. 01/11/2013