ECHS MEDICAL REIMBURSEMENT – Amendment for reimbursement of medicines – Special Sanction till 30.04.2022: ECHS Order
Central Organisation ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
Ministry of Defence (Army)
Thimayya Marg, Near Gopinath
Circle, Delhi Cantt-110010
14 Jan 2022
(All Regional Centres)
AMENDMENT FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDICINES : SPECIAL SANCTION IN VIEW OF COVID-19
1. Further to this HQ letter No B/49761/AG/ECHS dated 23 Mar 2020, even No dt 24 Apr 2020, 01 Jun 2020, 02 Jun 2020, 07 Aug 2020, 05 Oct 2020,01 Jan 2021, 16 Apr 2021 and 17 Aug 2021.
2. A onetime sanction for purchase of medicines and claim reimbursement was issued till 31 Oct 2021. In view of increasing cases of COVID-19 and restrictions on mov in containment zones, to promote social distancing and avoiding unnecessary exposure to ECHS beneficiaries as well as minimizing footfall at ECHS Polyclinics, the ECHS beneficiaries having life style/ chronic ailments/ diseases on long treatment may purchase medicines lasting till 30 Apr 2022 in one go or month wise based on the prescription held (prescribed by doctor of Polyclinic / Service hospital / Empanelled hospital / Sehat OPD) irrespective of NA or otherwise till 30 Apr 2022. It is also Clarified that the ECHS Polyclinics are functional and ECHS beneficiaries also have the option to collect medicines through ECHS Polyclinics as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market.
3. One time sanction is hereby accorded to reimburse the above expenditure under individual reimbursement of medical claims. The reimbursement will be done as per guidelines issued by this HQ vide letter No B/49761/AG/ ECHS/Medicine Policy dt 18 May 2020 and even No dt 21 Jul 2020.
4. These orders shall be valid from date of issue of this letter and will be valid up to 30 Apr 2022.
5. The date up to 30 Apr 2022 indicates that the beneficiary may purchase medicines under this provision on any day before or on 30 Apr 2022, as per the date of his a prescription. The medicines may be purchased as per prescription for a period of 30 days if purchased in the month of Apr 2022.
(Anupam N Adhaulia)
for MD ECHS
Related to Your Search:
- Medicines reimbursement – Special Sanction until July 31, 2021 in light of Covid-19: ECHS
- ECHS latest circular – Special Sanction for Reimbursement of cost of Medicine
- ECHS – CLAIM REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDICINES SPECIAL SANCTION IN VIEW OF COVID-19 till 30 April 2020
- Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines: Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 – till 31st July 2020
- CGHS Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 till 30th April 2022
- ECHS – REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDICINES : SPECIAL SANCTION IN VIEW OF COVID-19
- CGHS – Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 till 31st December 2020
- Reimbursement of OPD Medicines Special Sanction in view of COVID-19
- ECHS Clarification: Reimbursement of Med Claim for Emergency Treatment in Non-Empanelled Hospital