ECHS Order: Empanelled Hospital Claims- Ophthalmic procedures
Empanelled Hospital Claims- Ophthalmic procedures
Adjutant General’s Branch
Ministry Of Defence(army)
Delhi Cantt – 110010
18th May 2017
15533/1, Above Farico Show Room
1st Floor, Old Madras Road
Karnataka – 560008
EMPANELLED HOSPITAL CLAIMS : OPHTHALMIC PROCEDURES
1. It has been noted with concern while scrutinizing claims of an Eye Centre that ECHS had been billed more than the hospital rates. It was also observed that for ocular investigations the hospital was billing ECHS at twice the CGHS rates (stating that the CGHS rates are for one eye). It has been clarified the CGHS rates for Ophthalmology investigations are for both eyes unless specified”.
2. As per provisions of MoA and para 4(b)(x) of Gol MoD letter NO.24(8)/03/US(WE)/D(Res) dated 19 Dec 2003, the hospital cannot bill ECHS more than the hospital rates. It should be ensured by Regional Centre’s that the rate list of the hospital is taken whenever MoA is being renewed. The rate list attached with MoA should not have a rate more than CGHS rate/Hospital rate. wherever the hospital rate is below CGHS rate it should be reflected with an asterisk (*) on the rate list attached with MoA.
3. BPA to check the claims of such hospital (including settled claims) which have not been processed correctly and the excess amount paid post implementation of CGHS 2014 rates if any would be recoered from the pending claims of the hospitals.
4. The RCs are directed to ensure no additional charges/extra charges than CGHS/ECHS or actuals whichever is less to be paid to the hospital. It is also requested RCs to accordingly review the pending claims (i.e not settled claims) of the hospitals not restricted to ophthalmic claims and those with observations be returned to BPA for correct processing.
5. Please ask.
for MD ECHS
Source: [Document Click here to download]
Related to Your Search:
- ECHS Clarification: Reimbursement of Med Claim for Emergency Treatment in Non-Empanelled Hospital
- Revision of ECHS Rates for Empanelled Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories and imaging centres, Mumbai
- ECHS Order: Guidelines on Oncology Treatment – Rates for Cancer Surgery for empanelled Hospital
- ECHS Orders – Use of Injectables (Anti VEGF Agents)
- REVISION OF ECHS RATES FOR EMPANELLED HOSPITALS, DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORIES AND IMAGING CENTRES, MUMBAI
- ECHS – PROCESSING OF PENDING CLAIMS DELAY IN INTIMATION, SUBMISSION, NMI QUERY REPLY AND DELAY DUE TO OBTAINING DIGITAL SIGNATURE
- ECHS: Unlisted Lab Tests in Emergency
- EMPANELMENT OF HOSPITALS/ NURSING HOMES AND DIAGNOSTIC CENTRES FOR ECHS
- Revision of rates for various treatment procedures under ECHS