Dr Jitendra Singh directs targeted approach for Seeding of Aadhaar numbers in Pensioners’ Accounts
Special Aadhaar Seeding Camps being held from May 30-June 10, 2016
The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS (IC) for Youth Affairs and Sports, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh has directed that priority should be given to pensioners visiting the bank branches for seeding Aadhaar number in their bank account. Dr. Jitendra Singh said Pensioners can approach their paying branches with the PPO, Aadhaar card and bank pass book for trouble-free seeding.
Special AADHAAR Seeding Camps are being held from May 30, 2016 to June 10, 2016. These camps are being organised all over the country in Pension disbursing banks and their branches. Dr. Jitendra Singh said that it is hoped that a large number of Pensioners will be able to benefit from these camps. So as to reach the pensioners and family pensioners located in the remotest corners of the country, this event will be publicised through radio jingles, hand bills, local cable TV network etc., he added
Various steps are being taken by the Government and Pension Disbursing Banks to sensitize Pensioners and Bank Branches and to link up Aadhaar number, PPO number and Bank Account Number so that all Pensioners can avail of the “Jeevan Pramaan” facility.
Dr. Jitendra Singh said, in case the Pensioners do not have an Aadhaar number they can avail of the special facilities set up for this purpose in the bank premises.
“Jeevan Pramaan” is an initiative launched by the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, especially for the benefit of the aged and infirm Pensioners/Family Pensioners. Under the scheme Digital Life Certificates can be submitted by Pensioners from personal computers and laptops at home or by visiting a conveniently located Common Service Centre or the nearest branch of any Pension Disbursing Bank. Submission of Digital Life Certificate also ensures authenticity of Pension Payments. So far, more than 15 lakh Digital Life Certificates have been attempted.
Related to Your Search:
- Special Aadhaar Enrolment drive for Pensioners, from May 30 to June 10, 2016
- Aadhaar Camp for Pensioners at New Delhi from July 13th to 17th, 2015
- Enrolment for Aadhaar number and its seeding in pension records of all pensioners and family pensioners – regarding
- Good news for Central Government Pensioners
- Aadhaar Seeding cum Registration Camp being held in Laxmi Nagar today
- Aadhaar mandatory for pensioners
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners from Jeevan Pramaan website
- Jeevan Pramaan – message from Joint Secretary (Pension)
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Pension by linking Aadhaar with Bank Accounts and PPO